Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Archived Items on the K2 is the same as the Amazon items in Content Manager on the K1. Not a huge difference, just a slightly different user interface.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
Americanchild
Enthusiast
Americanchild doesn't litterAmericanchild doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I downloaded dropbox but all of a sudden I started getting all of these pop up (pop under) ads that my popup blocker isn't stopping. Has anyone else found this to be a problem after downloading dropbox? (I travel far and wide with my internet so I don't want to blame dropbox unless it is a known issue).

Thanks
Americanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanchild View Post
I downloaded dropbox but all of a sudden I started getting all of these pop up (pop under) ads that my popup blocker isn't stopping. Has anyone else found this to be a problem after downloading dropbox? (I travel far and wide with my internet so I don't want to blame dropbox unless it is a known issue).

Thanks
Nope, no pop-ups.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #19
Americanchild
Enthusiast
Americanchild doesn't litterAmericanchild doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks Daffy, I probably surfed somewhere I should not have gone. If you trust dropbox so do I. Ad-aware found malicious software on my system and I am still getting the ads, think I may have to reformat to get rid of all the "nasties".
Americanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've found port forwarding software but I don't want to spend $30 on it. I've searched the help files for my router and various places on Google but I can't seem to get it right.

I also want to find a solution that doesn't require my desktop to be on all of the time (though it usually is ).

Is there a port forwarding for dummies site I can try?
Setting up Port Forwarding on these routers is easy as Pie....eating not making.

1) First give your server PC a static IP.
2) Then navigate to your router's IP usually 192.168.1.1 And go to the router settings.
3) Then set the port to the PC (using the IP address from step 1) you want to forward the port information to.

Another way is to set the DMZ to the static IP, but this is more dangerous because it allows all the ports on that PC to be accessed.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #21
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Setting up Port Forwarding on these routers is easy as Pie....eating not making.

1) First give your server PC a static IP.
2) Then navigate to your router's IP usually 192.168.1.1 And go to the router settings.
3) Then set the port to the PC (using the IP address from step 1) you want to forward the port information to.

Another way is to set the DMZ to the static IP, but this is more dangerous because it allows all the ports on that PC to be accessed.

=X=
Maybe when I'm home over the weekend I'll give it another try. I would say expect a panicked PM but if I wipe out my router for the millionth time, I won't be sending one. I'll PM you with some pics of my router setup *before* I change anything. Get ready and thanks!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #22
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@daffy4u
Okay
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Got my K2 today (ordered it Friday night) and I have to say I am amazed! I never thought it was worth upgrading, cause I loved my K1, but it was ruined on Friday during my 3 airport screenings. I just got the K2, and the thing I like the most is the Archived Items, Instead of carrying all those Amazon books around, I can call them up as needed. And I don't need a computer to do it!
How was your K1 ruined during three airport screenings? And if aport security was at fault, did they pay for the ruined K1?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #24
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I personally like the K1 more, both k1 and k2 are nice, but K1 seemed more durable overall.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #25
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm sorry to here your K1 was ruined, I hope your K2 works out well for you. It'll have to be more durable now anyway, you don't want to have to replace another one.

Also did security replace it for you?
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #26
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How was your K1 ruined during three airport screenings? And if aport security was at fault, did they pay for the ruined K1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
I'm sorry to here your K1 was ruined, I hope your K2 works out well for you. It'll have to be more durable now anyway, you don't want to have to replace another one.

Also did security replace it for you?
I have a feeling they squeezed it too hard. This was right after the Christmas terror attack, and they separated the men and the women, and put us through 3 screenings. I was so glad to finally get back in the United States, I just chalked it up to bad luck. I had bought my mother-in-law a refurbished K2 for Christmas, and I was just looking for an excuse to upgrade anyway.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote