Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
alicez
alicez began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black)
Pandigital Novel (Black)

We have the Pandigital Novel (Black) and as soon as we turned it on it connected to our home DSL, which allowed us to access the Internet.

If we go to Starbucks, how would we connect to their 'hotspot?'

#1- Do we have to turn on the Novel when we are in the Starbucks and it will automatically connect to the Starbucks' hotspot?

#2- Do we have to make adjustment to our Novel?

#3- And then when we got home, would we have to do something else to re-connect to our DSL as home?

#4- Also, we have Platform softwasre: AN15-08-18-2010-7D. Is that the latest release?
I went to the Pandigital download page, but they don't indicate a Version of the software that is available. I think it would be a good idea to list the version number of the softwasre that is available for download and date issued (unless I missed it).

P.S. I downloaded an MP4 video from SD card to the Novel. When I played the video, it did not fill the whole screen, but was running in a small "box" in the middle of the screen. Why? Does anyone know why I can't see it in full screen?

Please advise and thank you.

Alice

Last edited by alicez; 09-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.
alicez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
eisleyr
eisleyr began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (White)
Hi Alicez, I have the white so don't know if it runs the same as the Black yet. On the White if WiFi is on it will auto detect hot spots and 'remember' them. So it should remember your homes setting and use them when in range and it's the stronger signal.
eisleyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicez View Post
We have the Pandigital Novel (Black) and as soon as we turned it on it connected to our home DSL, which allowed us to access the Internet.

#1- Do we have to turn on the Novel when we are in the Starbucks and it will automatically connect to the Starbucks' hotspot?

#3- And then when we got home, would we have to do something else to re-connect to our DSL as home?

#4- Also, we have Platform softwasre: AN15-08-18-2010-7D. Is that the latest release?
I went to the Pandigital download page, but they don't indicate a Version of the software that is available. I think it would be a good idea to list the version number of the softwasre that is available for download and date issued (unless I missed it).

P.S. I downloaded an MP4 video from SD card to the Novel. When I played the video, it did not fill the whole screen, but was running in a small "box" in the middle of the screen. Why? Does anyone know why I can't see it in full screen?

Alice

Welcome to MobileRead, Alice.
\

Feel free to click on my link and hit the 'introduce myself thread.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
grapebec216
grapebec216 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigatal e reader
Wink turn it on and go I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicez View Post

Alice
grapebec216 is offline   Reply With Quote