Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Add from the Mobile Read Library?

Hello,
As I was installing the new version of Calibre today, I was talking with my wife who was scouring the excellent (but somewhat hard to navigate) MR library and I thought, would it not be great if Calibre had some option to pull entries from the MR library and present the list in some nice format that you could use to select and add titles to you your library automatically?

I imagine there might be some technical difficulties here, so I'm not sure how much I might even be asking for, but it sure would be cool! I think of something like the app libraries that are common in Linux or somthing similar. Maybe I'm nuts and it's a unrealistic/pipe dream, but hey, a guy can always ask, right? =)

Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's on the TODO list. calibre will eventually be getting a framework to browse libraries from pretty much any site.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Wow, that will be unbelievably cool!!!!!
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You mean ... ANY site? Like ... Project Gutenberg?

Could I dream that I could some day select the name of an author and Calibre would check PG, MR, Feedbooks, and everywhere else I want, and tell me which of their books are available that I don't have?

If you make it do this, Kovid, I promise that the next time you and I are within 100 miles of each other, I will buy you a dinner at the best restaurant I can afford.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, that's the plan.
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah, that's the plan.
Do you have a particular preference in restaurants?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Do you have a particular preference in restaurants?
Something expensive
Old 12-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Has that come to pass yet or is it still in the visionary stage?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #9
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
I have successfully used the MobileRead Kindle Download Guide. Download that and put the book into your Calibre library. Now open the book in the book viewer. You can use the links in the book to download any mobi-format book from the MobileRead library and then import it into Calibre. It's not a "one button" solution, and it totally ignores the portion of the MR library which isn't mobi-format, but it is a reasonable approach while we wait for the "TODO" item to bubble to the top.

I've asked about getting an equivalent ePub Download Guide for use not only within Calibre, but from inside iBooks on my iPad. But so far, I haven't seen any positive reply to my request.

Now -- a Calibre request I'd love is a modification of the Calibre catalog whereby the catalog contains links to the Calibre content server, obtaining the IP address and port from the system. 'Twould make it oh so nice for transferring books to iPad and other iOS devices.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote