Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #151
muness
muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Aura HD, Story HD, Sony PRS-350 (previous: Kindle Keyboard, PRS-505)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
Screenshots attached to show the landscape/frontlight and the debug_cmd
(when 2nd icon from left is pressed )

Also attached a changed readerview.lua (goes into frontend/ui/reader/readerview.lua) to disable setting frontlight level 0(OFF) , the button can be used for this
cgm999,

With the latest .zip you uploaded, I see the bug icon in an ePub, but there are no commands listed (reboot w_on, w_off, inv). Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks!
muness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #152
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Perhaps for some, but a lot of us have found it handy to have HexEdit, or something similar, around for the occasional look into such things. It might be an old gamer's thing. Still I would think it not an uncommon tool to find in a "Developer's Corner".
I can certainly see it being useful when modifying nickle and such. I just think it's overkill for manipulating text files. That's especially true since a lot of people in this forum seem to be interested in the hacks but may not have development experience. There's nothing wrong with what you said. I just felt that it was taking a simple task and making it more complex!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #153
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx View Post
Is there anybody who got the koreader working on a touch(905B) with FW2.6.1 and starting it with the Launcher? If so, would you please be so kind and tell me how?

I tried the mod from muness in comment#84, but then nothing happens, when I change to the launcher. Before applying the patch, the launcher worked...

thank you for any help!
You're the second one reporting inverted coordinates on the touch. Now it would be nice to know if this is happening only on mark3 touch or also on newer models. I can fix it easily but I'd like to be sure to not cause the same thing to others, do you know if your touch is using the same firmware as Glo or not?
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #154
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Sorry, for posting in the wrong thread^^

However, i did a factory-reset yesterday before trying the new koreader and flashed this FW:

Mark 3 Hardware: Original Touch (N905, N905B Models)
65.6 MB - 68,865,505 bytes
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.6.1.zip

But I can't tell you, if it is the same as the one for Glo.
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #155
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll tell you, it's not. Now, I don't know if I need to NOT rotate input on all touch models or only on mark3 hardware. I'll try the first option, hopefully if someone else still has this problem it will be reported. Expect a new attachment on the first post shortly.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #156
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
muness: make sure you have commands defined in defaults.lua like the post says.

it seems after suspend light turns back on , to fix comment
#/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/frontlight-wrap on
in /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/suspend2
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #157
giorgio130
Time Waster

I've uploaded a new build. This fixes (hopefully) input on the Touch and sets correct DPI for the various devices. For "official" light and suspend support it will take a while, I'm leaving for the holidays tomorrow. Maybe when I come back I'll have it ready.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #158
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
You are my hero

Works like a charm now!

Enjoy your holidays, and thanks a lot again!
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #159
muness
muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Aura HD, Story HD, Sony PRS-350 (previous: Kindle Keyboard, PRS-505)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
muness: make sure you have commands defined in defaults.lua like the post says.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Defined them as follows and now they show up:

Code:
DEBUG_CMDS = {"reboot", "w_on", "w_off", "inv"}
And modified kobo_reader.sh to launch koreader as follows:

Code:
LD_PRELOAD=/root/screenInv.so ./reader.lua ...
And now inversion/night mode works properly too.

Does anyone have start-wireless.sh and stop-wireless.sh? (which are placed in /.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/)

Last edited by muness; 07-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.
muness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #160
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Don't know whether this is helpful. Besides images and fonts, the difference between mark 3 and 4 is:
drivers\ntx508\usb\gadget\arcotg_udc.ko
drivers\ntx508\usb\gadget\g_ether.ko
drivers\ntx508\usb\gadget\g_file_storage.ko
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #161
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Think of it this way: koreader is a community response to Kobo's lack of response to our requests. Kobo can serve what they see as their core market, which is probably people who buy ebooks from Kobo and are looking for an experience that is as simple as a print book.
Please don't frown upon Kobo for their lack of response to specific requests. They are probably doing what they think is best for their product and their business.
Sure, but it gets so tired to see this behaviour time after time. If they just open-sourced Nickel, we'd be hacking that instead of koreader, and they'd have the opportunity to use the parts they like for the "people who buy ebooks from Kobo and are looking for an experience that is as simple as a print book." Their product is a reader. The software they've developed is not their product, and I get so @#$%^ ticked that hardware developers have such a hard time working that out.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #162
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
Sure, but it gets so tired to see this behaviour time after time. If they just open-sourced Nickel, we'd be hacking that instead of koreader, and they'd have the opportunity to use the parts they like for the "people who buy ebooks from Kobo and are looking for an experience that is as simple as a print book." Their product is a reader. The software they've developed is not their product, and I get so @#$%^ ticked that hardware developers have such a hard time working that out.
koreader is open to the community because the creators decided to make it open to the community (through the GPLv3). Nickle is not open to the community because the creators decided to retain their property rights. It is a simple matter of respecting the wishes of the creator and respecting the law. We only get a free lunch if someone offers it to us (e.g. koreader). We are not entitled to it if they don't offer it to us (e.g. nickle).
Old 07-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #163
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
koreader is open to the community because the creators decided to make it open to the community (through the GPLv3). Nickle is not open to the community because the creators decided to retain their property rights. It is a simple matter of respecting the wishes of the creator and respecting the law. We only get a free lunch if someone offers it to us (e.g. koreader). We are not entitled to it if they don't offer it to us (e.g. nickle).
??? Who said we were? What I said is that they made a foolish decision to keep the software closed source, when they could have had a better product if they'd opened it. Hardware manufacturers make this mistake time after time — the software rarely makes them any money. They're selling hardware, and adding value to the hardware at no cost to themselves is always a bonus.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #164
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember portions of the code is licensed from (among others) Adobe.

I doubt their license allows any form of open sourcing
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #165
ktv
ktv began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Now koreader in kobo aura hd can't support djvu files.Once open a djvu file,it will reboot.
ktv is offline   Reply With Quote