Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
richard83
richard83 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Problems with Fictionwise

I have been buying books from a number of websites, including Fictionwise in the last few weeks and thought that a membership to them would save a bit of money so I bought the 1 year, $30 along with a few books. The site has clearly recognised my membership but I have never received the email receipt along with the code for the free e-book that comes with membership. They won't respond to any emails about the subject .

Has anyone else experienced this? Has any of you been having problems with the site?
richard83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard83 View Post
The site has clearly recognised my membership but I have never received the email receipt along with the code for the free e-book that comes with membership. They won't respond to any emails about the subject .
Does your login/profile not show the credits?

BTW: I am sure they will respond... be patient. How long have you waited for a reply?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
richard83

My profile shows that i'm a member, with an expiry date. Sent an email a week ago asking if they could help me with it and haven't heard anything yet. Sure they will respond, just wanted to check that this was isolated and not a common thing that is happenning.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Vaseline
Vaseline began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
There's definately a way to find the book code on the site itself - as that's where I gathered mine from. I think you go to your bookshelf, and on the left click on member and site discounts, and its somewhere in the menu that pops up. If its not that it was one of the other links surrounding it. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I definately remember it being there when I bought it.

Also fictionwise's 60% rebate thingy, has made me buy a lot of books
Vaseline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
The coupon code is kept under your profile, too.

Login to Fictionwise and go to your Bookshelf. On the left-hand side, find the link: Member and Site Discounts.

If I remember correctly, your "free book" coupon code is the very first thing on the list under "Coupon Discounts".

Hmmm...I just used mine yesterday, and it's still showing...Fictionwise might be having trouble after all...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
richard83

Received an email this morning, outlining what you were all saying as well. Found it now! Many thanks to everybody