Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Dedicated newspaper in the Cybook

Hi

One of the interesting arguments about the Iliad - witch I think is an outstanding eBook reader - is that there are Newspapers formatted for it, the Dutch Paper “NCR Handelsblad” is an example.

The interesting thing is, our beloved Cybook can read outstanding well that paper!
Just turn it to Landscape and choose Fit Width, you will be able to read the paper, half page at a time (so with 2 clicks one can “see” a full page).

The example for the test can downloaded here: http://epaper.nrc.nl/downloads/volle...maart-2008.pdf

So what you think?
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think that PDFs are intrinsically bad for ebook devices. In combination with the poor pdf-"capability" of the cybook I see no future for this setting.

best regards,
gerhard
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
lordmax
Enthusiast
lordmax began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Opus, cybook gen10, Palm LifeDrive, NetBookVaio, Kindle, Tolino
Post newspaper

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborg View Post
I think that PDFs are intrinsically bad for ebook devices. In combination with the poor pdf-"capability" of the cybook I see no future for this setting.

best regards,
gerhard
In general I'm with you but pdf is the only format that newspapers accept.
Here in Italy we have LaStampa prepared for iLiad and the only way to obtain this is via PDF.
lordmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmax View Post
Hi
In general I'm with you but pdf is the only format that newspapers accept.
Here in Italy we have LaStampa prepared for iLiad and the only way to obtain this is via PDF.
...which is a thing I dont understand. Technically it's easier to transform content into HTML as into PDF. I wrote a java utility within a day, which extracts the daily new articles from "derstandard" (derstandard.at), a big austrian newspaper, and therefore I see no reason why this service to distrubute news in html isn't supported by the newspapers.
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote