Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
crescere
Connoisseur
crescere began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Book categories

I am using the folowing method to mange my library: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

I want a main header of History with sub headers of American, world etc. When I created the genre History the American title appeared no problem. But when I add World it created a whole new parent group History with world as the child.

I am sure I am just missing something here. Please help.

I did History.American for the first one. Then I did Hisotry.World thinking it would go to the original parent. I would think History.American.World would put world under American.

Last edited by crescere; 08-02-2014 at 03:14 PM.
crescere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescere View Post
I am using the folowing method to mange my library: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

I want a main header of History with sub headers of American, world etc. When I created the genre History the American title appeared no problem. But when I add World it created a whole new parent group History with world as the child.

I am sure I am just missing something here. Please help.
Did you declar that you wanted that column to be treated as hierarchical in preferences: Look and Feel: Tag browser (tou type in the column names with commas between if more than 1.
eg
Code:
series,tags
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
crescere
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you declar that you wanted that column to be treated as hierarchical in preferences:
Code:
series,tags

Yes, but I will do it again to be sure. What is the proper method to do what I want? So once I do History.American what do I do to add History.World so that World and American are children of History?

Last edited by crescere; 08-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, but I will do it again to be sure. What is the proper method to do what I want? So once I do History.American what do I do to add History.World so that World and American are children of History?
That is the way I do it.

Family.Children

A double click on History (in the Tag browser) gets 2 green+ and you see ALL children

Click on one of the children (only a single + unless there are grand kids of that item )and that is what you see
Old 08-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
crescere
Connoisseur

Okay, I had imediatly typed History.American. It seems the proper way is to first create just History, then close the edit window. Go back to that book and type History.American. I seem to be doing it right now!
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Okay, I had imediatly typed History.American. It seems the proper way is to first create just History, then close the edit window. Go back to that book and type History.American. I seem to be doing it right now!
You don't have to close between entering tags: History.Alternate,History.American War

Multiple tags are separated by a comma. Levels by a dot
Calibre will create the parent as needed