Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

This thread was initially to inform us if we got a recycled, bad PW early on. After all this time I suspect all of our early PWs have long since been sent out to other folks. And I seriously doubt they were refurbished or that refurbishing would have done any good at all. They were most likely just repackaged and sent out that way.

This and a few other things have really soured me on Kindles though I will stick with their ecosystem for now since it has the best syncing capabilities and since I'm already so invested in it. I seriously doubt I will ever buy another one of their readers whether eInk or Android. I'll stick to using their apps on other manufacturers devices.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Welcome to mobileread, randomzombie. Best of luck with your next PW, I hope you're able to get a good one. It took me awhile too, but I finally got one that I am pretty happy with, although it's not absolutely perfect.

Mine is 2423. hehe. Did you ever post a pic of your good PW, xendula? I'd be curious to see it. They got a new batch of PW's in at my local Best Buy and despite mine being very good, I'm still tempted to buy one just to see how it compares.
No, shame on me! I use my iPad exclusively to surf, so I have to force myself to power up my personal laptop to transfer pictures.
I owe a few pics to different threads, so maybe I'll be able to do it over Chistmas.
I also still need to create a new avatar, since the old one disappeared a few years ago

Wow, I wonder if our units are from the same batch!

Last edited by xendula; 12-22-2012 at 06:49 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
randomzombie
Enthusiast
randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.

Device: current: Aura HD
Hi, thanks for the welcome. Still waiting on my replacement. Should come by end of day. Someone rumored that there'd been some positive changes in the "503" batch. My replacement that's coming, and the dimmer and greener models have all been of the "501." While the best thus far has been of the "502" batch? Or mere coinidence.

Well, if this next one *is* pretty flawed, again, I'm going to make specific SN requests, I think!

The pink I can handle more than the green. But it's not just the colors but the fact that the font presentation is altered in those areas such that it is more blurred or crisper accordingly, and then some words appear further back in distance from the screen as if you're reading *through* the screen instead of reading the screen directly, as which paper.

I am amazed when I go back to KKeyboard at how much clearer it is than the PWs I've experienced. I will say, though, now having used the PW, I prefer the resolution and the extra font options, especially Palatino, though both that font and Baskerville are almost too thin for the device. Comparitively, though, I can't go back to Caecilia...

I guess it's good to know now that I shouldn't seek perfection, unfortunately...

Lo! A knock! The new PW is here, in real-time!
randomzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #19
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Good luck! I hope it's a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
No, shame on me! I use my iPad exclusively to surf, so I have to force myself to power up my personal laptop to transfer pictures.
I owe a few pics to different threads, so maybe I'll be able to do it over Chistmas.
I also still need to create a new avatar, since the old one disappeared a few years ago

Wow, I wonder if our units are from the same batch!
Seems so! Not surprising though since ours were "hand picked" around the same time.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote