Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Calibre and KK 3.4 Files

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked I searched but can't see anything.

I upgraded te Kindle Keyboard to 3.4 and promptly purchased some Kindle books, I usually move these to Calibre with no problem, change the title if part of a series and send it back to the Kindle, this way I get page numbers and if it's part of a series the title now reads 04 A New Hope instead of A New Hope and despite me changing the name the file remains "Downloaded" ie the archive doesn't show the book anymore.

unfortunately since the upgrade when I change the title it doesn't show on the Kindle and if I convert it to a standard Mobi the book will show the correct title but now shows as available for download in the archive.

My question is there a way to fix this so I can modify the title and still have it gone from the archive?

Thanks
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@SASSBS: What doesn't show? The book itself (=> it disappeared), or the new title (=> you still get the same title as from your Archive)?

In which formats are the book you're sending? (There's reports that FW 3.4 doesn't really like the mobi new/mobi both files, so, if you want KF8 file, use the AZW3 output instead, and if you want mobi6 files, stick with mobi old).

AFAICT, I'm not seeing any issue like that on mine with mobi old & azw3 files (but then, I've never played with the mobi both/new stuff ^^).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
SASSBS
Connoisseur

@NiLuJe sorry for the confusion, the book is copied from the Kindle to Calibre as an AZW3 file.

When I edit the books title in Calibre and resend it to the Kindle the book still displays the old title and not the new title.

As for the New Mobi I have not used this format (I think) I have not made any changes to Calibre output format in ages so it should be using the old mobi format only.

Thank You
Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@SASSBS: Okay, I'll re-check again the workflow you're describing on my K3...

Quick question: Does your save template/plugboards include the title of the book in the filename when it's sent to a device?

EDIT: Nope, can't reproduce, even when switching metadata completely in-place, without changing filename.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-14-2012 at 02:56 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
SASSBS
Connoisseur

Hi thanks for checking, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Calibre and on a fresh library this is working fine now, will move the backup library over and check it works.

Appreciate the help
Advert

Tags
archive, azw3, modify, title