Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #3496
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Ben Heck Show

Steam Punk next for Jim Butcher! Check this out!

Next episode, next Monday!

Last edited by alansplace; 03-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #3497
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Finished Proven Guilty. A bit of a roller coast. Fast ride!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #3498
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

Old 03-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #3499
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Not so sure I will be caught up before Skin Game comes out. Side Jobs has nearly an entire book left, and two of the books still left are over 18 hours. Still, I will continue to persevere at the rate already established. I might still be able to start White Night before the end of the month. My buddy read is going pretty fast.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #3500
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

62 DAYS LEFT!!!

I think I might be cutting it a little close for my re-read before Skin Game is released.

I haven't been reading as much as usual lately. I'm only 12% into Alex Verus. I have to pick up the pace!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #3501
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Not so sure I will be caught up before Skin Game comes out. Side Jobs has nearly an entire book left, and two of the books still left are over 18 hours. Still, I will continue to persevere at the rate already established. I might still be able to start White Night before the end of the month. My buddy read is going pretty fast.
You could choose to read Side Jobs later, the stories in there are fun but not progressing the main story.

White Night was not my favorite story (especially knowing what is still in store for you...), but has its elements. The ending rocks though.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #3502
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Penultimate 2014 Events Post!

Qooted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:
Mar 25, 2014 - Penultimate 2014 Events Post!

We now have a complete list of Jim’s touring schedule for 2014, plus two virtual events fans all over can enjoy! There’s one more con we have to wait to announce, but for now, enjoy this new crop of touring locations!

FEBRUARY

Con Nooga
February 21st-23rd.
Historical Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel
1400 Market Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
and
Chatanooga Convention Center
1150 Carter St
Chattanooga, TN 37402

APRIL

In his first trip outside North and Central America, Jim is heading all the way to Australia! He’ll be hitting three cons over the month of April:

Supanova: Gold Coast
April 4th-6th, 2014
Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre
2684-2690 Gold Coast Hwy
Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
Discuss on the forum

Kiama Library
April 8th, 6-7:30pm
7 Railway Parade
Kiama, NSW 2533
Australia
Discuss on the forum

Supanova: Melbourne
April 11th-14th, 2014
Royal Melbourne Showgrounds
Epsom Rd
Ascot Vale VIC 3032, Australia
Discuss on the forum

SwanCon
April 17th-21st, 2014
Ibis Styles Hotel Perth
15 Robinson Ave
Northbridge WA 6003, Australia
Discuss on the forum

MAY

Booktalk Nation (Virtual Event)
Thursday, May 15, 7PM ET/4PM PT
Interview with Anton Strout followed by reader Q&A
*Books sold will be signed at Mysterious Galaxy Redondo event 5/27 and shipped out from the store 5/29
Discuss on the forum

Reddit AMA (“Ask Me Anything”)
Friday, May 16th, at 1pm EST
Discuss on the forum

WyrdCon 2014
May 22nd–26th, 2014
The Westin Los Angeles Airport
5400 West Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310) 216-5858
Details on the forum

Skin Game Launch Party at Mysterious Galaxy: Los Angeles
May 27, 7:30pm
2810 Artesia Blvd
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
310-542-6000
Discuss on the forum

Mysterious Galaxy: San Diego
May 28, 7pm
7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Suite #302
San Diego, CA 92111
858-268-4747
Discuss on the forum

Powell’s Books in Portland, OR
Thursday, May 29 at 7:00 PM
Powell’s Books
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
Beaverton, OR 97005
Discuss on the forum

University Bookstore in Seattle, WA
Friday, May 30 at 7:00 PM
University Temple United Methodist Church
1415 NE 43rd St
Seattle, WA 98105
Discuss on the forum

Murder By The Book in Houston, TX
Saturday, May 31 at 5:00 PM
Murder By the Book
2342 Bissonnet St.
Houston, TX 77005
Discuss on the forum

JUNE

Rainy Day Books
Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Unity Temple on The Plaza, Sanctuary
707 W 47th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64112
Discuss on the forum

Barnes & Noble Old Orchard – Chicago, IL
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 7pm
55 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077
Discuss on the forum

Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ
Thursday, June 5 at 7:00 PM
Poisoned Pen
4014 N Goldwater Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Discuss on the forum

Phoenix Comicon
June 5-8, 2014
Phoenix Convention Center
122 N 2nd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Discuss on the forum

Readers World in Lee’s Summit, MO
Friday, June 13 6:00 PM
Readers World
983 NE Rice Road
Lee’s Summit, MO 64086
Discuss on the forum

AUGUST

GenCon
August 14-17
Indiana Convention Center
100 S Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Discuss on the forum

Posted by priscellie at 3:37 pm
Old 03-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #3503
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game info...

Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #3504
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Woohoo!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #3505
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Shoot, it's still $8.99 in Canada . I'll keep checking, maybe a miracle will happen. Thanks for posting this, it's now on my wishlist, $8.99 is a really good price IMO.
Figured I'd try these now after a few recommendations. Got a 65% code, so I got the first three in a bundle at Kobo for just over five bucks. Guess we'll see if I like 'em.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #3506
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

61 DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #3507
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Figured I'd try these now after a few recommendations. Got a 65% code, so I got the first three in a bundle at Kobo for just over five bucks. Guess we'll see if I like 'em.
I'm such an idiot, I didn't even think to check Kobo

ETA: I can't use a coupon code at Kobo, the publisher is Random House

Last edited by leanansidhe; 03-27-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #3508
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I'm such an idiot, I didn't even think to check Kobo

ETA: I can't use a coupon code at Kobo, the publisher is Random House
Ah, but if you take a trip to Mexico, you can discount.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #3509
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I may just be ready for Skin Game by the time it releases. Right now I have a surfeit of riches with other series, and a couple series and several standalone novels on my TBR. I just finished up Codex Alera, which was great fun. In a lot of ways it was by-the-numbers sword-and-sorcery, but Butcher really brought the characters and the world to life.

Right now I'm re-reading book one of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive, in preparation for book two, and there's a new Foreigner book coming from C.J. Cheryhh soon. The Malazan books are on my radar, too, but I'll probably put Harry ahead of them.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #3510
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
In about a month I guess I will start my own reread. Gives me ~2 days per book, but I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Right now I'm re-reading book one of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive, in preparation for book two, and there's a new Foreigner book coming from C.J. Cheryhh soon. The Malazan books are on my radar, too, but I'll probably put Harry ahead of them.
I won't be reading The Stormlight Archive until at least book 4. I have plenty to read in the meantime and refuse to taunt myself with a storyline that won't be finished for at least a decade. Thank G-d I only started A Song of Ice and Fire when book 5 had come out; even so, it will be years.

No more epic worldbuilding fantasy for me, until the home stretch!

I may even keep to that commitment.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy