Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Howard, Robert E.: The Robert E. Howard Collection, v1, 27 March 2008.

The Robert E. Howard Collection is my title for all the titles available in Gutenberg Australia listed under "Other", with the exception of a duplicate “Valley of the Worm,” of which I could see no difference. (If one is an earlier version, with significant changes, then I’ll later add that story to Version 2 of this Collection.)

This Collection contains 92 stories of varying length, encompassing such areas as Weird Southwest, Weird Menace, Horror, Fantasy Adventure, to name a few.

I recognize that some of the stories may not be categorized correctly. If you will point out my errors, I will correct this in a Version 2. Additionally, if new titles become available (but not any from the recognized Conan canon, already available here on MobileRead), then I’ll also include those in a later version of this Collection.

Here’s the contents and ordering I used, based upon Gutenberg Australia:

WEIRD SOUTHWEST
Pigeons from Hell (1938)
The Horror From The Mound

WEIRD MENACE
Black Talons
Moon of Zambebwei
Skull-Face
Black Wind Blowing

JAMES ALLISON
The Valley of the Worm (1934)
WILD BILL CLANTON
The Purple Heart of Erlik (Nothing to Lose)

FANTASY ADVENTURE
Black Canaan
The House of Arabu
People of the Dark
The Voice of El-Lil
Spear and Fang

TERENCE VULMEA
Black Vulmea's Vengeance

STEVE HARRISON
Fangs of Gold
Graveyard Rats
Names in The Black Book

CTHULHU MYTHOS
The Black Stone
The Fire of Asshurbanipal
The Thing On the Roof

HORROR
The Cairn on the Headland
The Dream Snake
The Fearsome Touch of Death
The Hyena

FARING TOWN SAGA
Sea Curse
CONRAD AND KINROWAN
The Haunter of the Ring
BROCK ROLLINS
The Tomb's Secret

De MONTOUR
Wolfshead
In the Forest of Villefere

KULL
The Shadow Kingdom
The Mirrors of Tuzun Thune

KULL AND BRAN MAK MORN
Kings of the Night

BRAN MAK MORN
Worms of the Earth
The Lost Race

ACE JESSEL
Apparition In the Prize Ring
CONRAD AND KINROWAN
The Children of the Night
KIRBY O'DONNELL
The Treasures of Tartary

CORMAC FITZGEOFFREY
Hawks of Outremer
The Blood of Belshazzar

HISTORICAL ADVENTURE
Gates of Empire
Lord of Samarcand
The Lion of Tiberias
The Sowers of the Thunder

TURLOGH DUBH O'BRIEN
The Dark Man
The Gods of Bal-Sagoth

RED SONYA
The Shadow of the Vulture

WESTERN
Boot Hill Payoff
The Vultures of Whapeton

STEVE COSTIGAN
Blow the Chinks Down!
Breed of Battle
Dark Shanghai
The Pit of the Serpent
The Sign of the Snake
The TNT Punch

BRECKENRIDGE ELKINS
Evil Deeds at Red Cougar
A Gent From Bear Creek (Novella)
A Gent From Bear Creek (Short Story)
Cupid From Bear Creek
Guns of the Mountains
High Horse Rampage
Mountain Man
No Cowherders Wanted
Pilgrims To the Pecos
Texas John Alden
While Smoke Rolled
Pistol Politics
Sharp's Gun Serenade
The Apache Mountain War
The Conquerin' Hero of the Humbolts
The Feud Buster
The Haunted Mountain
The Riot at Cougar Paw
The Road to Bear Creek
The Scalp Hunter
War On Bear Creek

OTHER
Alleys of Darkness
Alleys of Peril
Champ of the Forecastle
Circus Fists
Fist and Fang
General Ironfist
Night of Battle
Sailors' Grudge
Sluggers on the Beach
Texas Fists
The Bull Dog Breed
The Slugger's Game
The Iron Man
Vikings of the Gloves
Waterfront Fists
Winner Take All
Almuric

This was a lot of work, but I’ve been thinking of doing it for a long time. There are some things I’m not entirely satisfied with regarding layout, things which I may change in a later version.

However, I do hope you find pleasure from these stories. I remember reading them with great enjoyment when I was a teenager.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Howard, Robert E. - The Robert E Howard Collection.lrf (2.56 MB, 1532 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
JapaG
JapaG began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
This seems like a magnificent collection!

...is there any way that you could turn it into mobi?
JapaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 06:49 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaG View Post
This seems like a magnificent collection!

...is there any way that you could turn it into mobi?

Once I quit "wasting" time on Forums. hahahah.

Seriously, I'm in the middle of teaching right now, but the next break that comes, I plan to reassemble the whole thing with any additional stories and then also make it available for the mobi/prc. crowd as well.

I'll also be adding emdashes and improving it.

Thank you for the kind comments, by the way.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
In the meantime it is possible to run it through Calibre and convert it to mobi format if a person wants the ebook but doesn't have a sony ebook reader.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote