Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Utterly GROSS and DISGUSTING (Max)

OK ... presenting Max in all his glory!!

Please don't say I didn't warn you.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	max.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	27474  
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What is that a picture of?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The only thing her uterus ever produced.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What is that a picture of?
That is the pathologist's photo of my uterus, and the rather large tumor associated with said uterus at the time of their removal from my body.

The tumor was really more of a mass of tumors surrounding a malignant core which had not been discovered on biopsy.

I was allowed to attend the sectioning .... it was really rather thrilling. Of course, I also attended the original removal, but I was under heavy sedation, and although they told me I talked through portions of the operation (which blew me away, because you would think they would have had me under general for as long as I was out), I don't remember much, if any, of it.

I named the largest mass "Max" .... it seemed like a good name.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh, good heavens! You're as bad as one of my friends, who's just had a liver transplant (he had liver cancer) and now has his old liver floating in a jar in his living room .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Holy cr*p! When did this happen? How are you feeling?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Now I'm hungry for crab cakes.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I was thinking tuna salad, but at least _I_ had the decency not to say it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Oh, good heavens! You're as bad as one of my friends, who's just had a liver transplant (he had liver cancer) and now has his old liver floating in a jar in his living room .
Worse, as mentioned I took this photo to my 20th HS reunion and showed it off as my "only child."

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Holy cr*p! When did this happen? How are you feeling?
Long time ago. I've had several operations for different sorts of cancer. I'm fine .... just fine.

Quote:
Reminded me more of cauliflower.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:

Holy crap Ricky, I can't believe that came out of you! FYI those girdle things you can buy are really great for post-abdominal surgery. Helps big time (with the pain).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post

Holy crap Ricky, I can't believe that came out of you! FYI those girdle things you can buy are really great for post-abdominal surgery. Helps big time (with the pain).
Yeah, they had me wear one of those. Actually, it was more of a full-body girdle since they took materials out my breasts and colon as well as my uterus.

Ahhh .... good times!!

The photos of the breast tissue and colon sections really don't look all that much like anything. You can't even tell what they are. It's sort of ground meat and tube steak.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Yeah, they had me wear one of those. Actually, it was more of a full-body girdle since they took materials out my breasts and colon as well as my uterus.

Ahhh .... good times!!

The photos of the breast tissue and colon sections really don't look all that much like anything. You can't even tell what they are. It's sort of ground meat and tube steak.
Guess what I'm having for dinner!!!

Heh, ouch. Bet you lost like ten pounds just from that! Easy dieting, right?

Are they just ripping out cancer stuff?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Worse, as mentioned I took this photo to my 20th HS reunion and showed it off as my "only child."
OK this possibly marks me as officially weird, but I'd find a pic of that a lot more interesting than endless rounds of baby pics!

(I'm the sole woman in the office who doesn't go all cooey when coworkers bring their sprogs in. Instead I go hide in whichever of the two kitchens is furthest away)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Guess what I'm having for dinner!!!

Heh, ouch. Bet you lost like ten pounds just from that! Easy dieting, right?

Are they just ripping out cancer stuff?
They did it a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
OK this possibly marks me as officially weird, but I'd find a pic of that a lot more interesting than endless rounds of baby pics!

(I'm the sole woman in the office who doesn't go all cooey when coworkers bring their sprogs in. Instead I go hide in whichever of the two kitchens is furthest away)
That's the same thing I do. I don't find babies the least bit interesting. I prefer kittens and puppies. Human babies just give me the creeps.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Which part is the tumor and which part is the uterus? The real thing never looks like the stupid diagrams from biology class.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote