Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #1111
priestlee7
priestlee7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
does anyone find the Disable-Screensaver doesnt work???
priestlee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #1112
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
nope.

but if you want to be double sure...
Here is the script that runs..
/mnt/us/extensions/helper/bin/ssprevent.sh

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #1113
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
kual config file

Entirely due to stupidity I seem to have overwritten this with some nonsense. Can anyone point me to the right file for the latest version, with the helper extensions installed?

piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #1114
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just delete it.

will rebuild itself.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #1115
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
You are a star!
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #1116
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quick (probably stupid) question

I'm about to leave the country and am thinking of getting a new PaperWhite. Does the KUAL launcher work on the new PaperWhite?
thx.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #1117
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I'm about to leave the country and am thinking of getting a new PaperWhite. Does the KUAL launcher work on the new PaperWhite?
thx.
Yes it has been tested on the new kpw2.

But you have to use the serial console port on the Kpw2 to install the device jailbreak file
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #1118
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
thx.
Nothing works on the model II paperwhite without Hardware intervention. I'll update the top post to reflect this.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #1119
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes it has been tested on the new kpw2.

But you have to use the serial console port on the Kpw2 to install the device jailbreak file
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Nothing works on the model II paperwhite without Hardware intervention. I'll update the top post to reflect this.
Thanks to you both. I think I'll go ahead and order one. I was waiting to see what the reviews were on the new Nook Glow and from what little I've read it's not what I want to replace my rooted Nook Glow.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #1120
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
After updating the kindle4NT (4.1.1) does not start Kual. I tried to reinstall the "prerequisites" but you can not.
What do I do? Do I have to jailbreak again?
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #1121
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
After updating the kindle4NT (4.1.1) does not start Kual. I tried to reinstall the "prerequisites" but you can not.
What do I do? Do I have to jailbreak again?
ok, solved!
I just had to reinstall the "prerequisites" and restart your kindle clicking on "Update kindle" instead of "Restart."
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #1122
twobob

right.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #1123
DennisH
DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: K4NT, PW2
I have two new PW2's. Both have serial nos starting B05A2206342xxxxx.

OOB they were both 5.4.0. The one I was working on upgraded to 5.4.2. The second one is still 5.4.0 and for now I have put it into aeroplane mode.

I can load the jailbreak on both and separately install the bridge on both so the jb is working ok.

Similarly, I can install USBNet on both but I cannot access either unit from Teraterm. At least they both restart in the normal way. I can access my K4NT from Teraterm without any problems so I am presuming my Windows driver is OK?

I can access the normal root folder and copy over any files, etc. However, when I try to install the KUAL prerequisites (one at a time, eg, update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin) the 'Update Kindle' tab is greyed out. The same applies to both the Python bin file and the Screensaver bin file. When I attempt to install an update the Update Kindle tab is initially solid but very quickly turns grey.

Both PW2's are behaving the same so way it does not seem to be a version problem and since other people have KUAL installed I probably have the wrong updates versions or I am making some error. I have followed the same processes I did on the K4NT to install all these hacks on that device.

Any assistance and/or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.
DennisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #1124
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I am also unable to install the prerequisites on 5.4.0. I would guess that the only tests of Kual on the PW2 were on the few units that were JB via the serial port so it's possible that something works diferently with the end-user JB. I'm sure Twobob & the team will look into it when they can

JB was successful on my device and I am running Niluje's standalone screensaver hack from this thread without problems (just with custom images, I don't use the "cover" function so didn't install the python .bin)

Last edited by Yolina; 11-22-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #1125
DennisH
DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: K4NT, PW2
Your thread link goes to the python and screensaver files that I used as I thought they were the latest. Maybe it is a device recognition problem. I will wait and see what other comments come in. Thanks for your verification of the prerequisites not working.
DennisH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified