Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Its possible that the publisher license for some eBooks is automatically cancelled if you manually alter a copyrighted eBook and that Amazon, if it detects this, may delete it from your Library under Manage Your Kindle. Then you would have to re-purchase it again.
Lets not go starting rumors and speculation. If that was really the case we'd know about it by now.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
It really HAPPENED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Lets not go starting rumors and speculation. If that was really the case we'd know about it by now.
See this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/te...azon.html?_r=0

Amazon INTENTIONALLY deleted George Orwell's "1984" and "Animal Farm" per that link. You must be registered with the NY Times to read that.

Here is the quote:

"In a move that angered customers and generated waves of online pique, Amazon remotely deleted some digital editions of the books from the Kindle devices of readers who had bought them.

An Amazon spokesman, Drew Herdener, said in an e-mail message that the books were added to the Kindle store by a company that did not have rights to them, using a self-service function. “When we were notified of this by the rights holder, we removed the illegal copies from our systems and from customers’ devices, and refunded customers,” he said.

Amazon effectively acknowledged that the deletions were a bad idea. “We are changing our systems so that in the future we will not remove books from customers’ devices in these circumstances,” Mr. Herdener said."

Thus, its not supposed to happen again. However, it did happen at least once.

However, by removing DRM or otherwise altering copyrighted eBooks, you probably did violate the publisher's licensing agreement. I'm sure most publishers do NOT permit this kind of activity.

Next time you lose an eBook, call Amazon CS and ask they why it happened. Then you will know the reason. In addition, if you paid for the eBook, I'm sure Amazon will refund the price to you and tell you the reason it happened. If you paid zero, don't expect a refund.

Movies and music are also covered by similar copyright laws.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-16-2012 at 09:22 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #33
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Mine had Nothing to do with DRM Removal since I didnt even Learn to remove DRM until 3 months ago ....O Geee I Already said that... Sorry to Repeat to those that can Read! & thats like saying Amazon Not only controls the ebooks you recieve from them They control Your Computer!! SCARRY
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #34
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe My 6th Grade Edu mind can Explain .... Some one Bacily Hacked into Amazon & Added an eBook Into their system. People Purchased said ebooks! Amazon was told THEY Did not have the Right to Sell Said ebooks! YES Amazon Removed the ebooks from peoples Accounts as well as their web sites! I Dont think they were Sneaky about it since it was ALL Over the World in the NEWS!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Agreed. I remove DRM all the time and load them as pdocs. I think it just a case of books gone missing due to some database issue.

I know about the old incident but since then Amazon does not remove content unless it's a Loan or Library book from a device and then they leave you with a letter telling you it was removed.

Now I can believe books can go missing from the Archives but not from a device it's already downloaded to.

I had a few books go missing from my Archives but Amazon found them for me and put them back when I told them some of my Archive is missing. Even if a publisher pulls a title you still own the copy you bought and can download it. I have alot of books no longer on Amazon but I can still download them from my Archive if I want.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #36
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I discovered mine missing when I tried adding them to new tablet. Worse thing was I download my ebooks to the Tablets & turn Off wifi then get message I had to turn on wifi to read the books only the title was in the tablet. So that tablet went back to the store & I tried another! Then the message on a few would be reached your limit of downloads to renew the lic you must rebuy the ebook! Then I check my K3 book be Gone! Computer Book Gone! Manage my Kindle book Gone! My K3 crashed over a yr ago got the replacement free But lost 4 ebooks when I tried to load my ebooks into it! I just 10 days ago got Fire HD & I cringed till my ebooks were loaded into it! Wondering How many are going to vanish this time! Then I remember that I finaly learned how to remove DRm 3 months ago they are ALL Backed up on my computer & Flash Drive ... So IF I do find some have vanished I still have them LOL
Anyway with ebooks Vanishing & Now I like to buy some more movies [have 3 right now] I just wanted to know IF they to are going to rach a limit & vanish. Cant remove DRM of copy them.....
BTW while I lossing ebooks I loved to have a Sample ebook I got 10 yrs ago is still there Cant get rid of the damn thing LOL Not in Manage my Kindle even tho I tried delete from my PC K3 & Now Fire HD the damn sample IS Still there! I even asked Amazon to remove it! Thru all tablets & Computers & haveing to reformate computers IT STILL THERE!! Go Figure!
I too have started backing up my books after I discovered that some were removed from my library.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #37
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Although I too remove DRM, this is not the issue in my case. As I stated I contacted Amazon CS to ask about the missing books and they told me that the publisher removed the book.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Although I too remove DRM, this is not the issue in my case. As I stated I contacted Amazon CS to ask about the missing books and they told me that the publisher removed the book.
Sounds to me like you got a clueless Rept. I would of tried again. I have had plenty of publisher remove titles and I still have access to those books.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #39
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sounds to me like you got a clueless Rept. I would of tried again. I have had plenty of publisher remove titles and I still have access to those books.
Thanks, I didn't push it much further because they were free books I got when I was just picking them all up, and I figured I would probably never get around to reading them. Though since then I have made sure to backup all my books to assure I always have access to them.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #40
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Mine were free also to get them replaced I was told I have to pay current prices... 1 was $25!!! No way I was paying! I guessing my Paid movies will be there forever or til amazon decides I am a bad person ugh My Freebies will just keep vanishing! I have to bite my nails everytime I want to watch a movie. sigh

Last edited by Barbara1955; 11-17-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typo lol
Old 11-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #41
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Mine were free also to get them replaced I was told I have to pay current prices... 1 was $25!!! No way I was paying! I guessing my Paid movies will be there forever or til amazon decides I am a bad person ugh My Freebies will just keep vanishing! I have to bite my nails everything I want to watch a movie. sigh

Katie1: What do you mean free movies? I do not use the video too much, as usually only to watch my paid movies. Every now and then I will look through the Prime Videos.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #42
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I get those $3 Off Coupons on my Kindle with Ads. I buy $3 movies...that makes them free. Couple times I rented movies LOL But I knew I only had certain time to watch them. Right now my whole 3 movies are on my Fire HD but soon I going to run out of space! Scary!!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #43
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
If you pay for Amazon Prime, they had thousands of free movies. If you have Netflix, you can watch them as well on the Kindle HD.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #44
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I know that but they wont except Gift Cards or Bank Debit cards [my sons] for Prime Payments. Tho I can Buy movies with a gift card. Silly but true!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I know that but they wont except Gift Cards or Bank Debit cards [my sons] for Prime Payments. Tho I can Buy movies with a gift card. Silly but true!
You can use your bank debit card for Prime. We do.