Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Is chicken soup an abomination?
Yes 5 15.63%
Yes 8 25.00%
The blue one next to the fish 19 59.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #76
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
... I'll have my own chickens next year. probably won't even eat THEM as chicken slaughter and preperation on an individual basis is very labor intensive
Nah. Not really....not if you grew up on a chicken farm.

Nice and fresh too.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #77
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
And as God rested on the seventh day, man had a barbecue.

Mmmm. Plump tasty chicken. Tender little chicken. Mmmm
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #78
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
probably won't even eat THEM as chicken slaughter and preperation on an individual basis is very labor intensive
Then don't do individuals, do it in wholesale lots, a veritable blood bath or chicken slaughter, with blood and feathers flying everywhere, feet and heads, the little red combs, the .....

errr I'll stop now....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #79
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
And as God rested on the seventh day, man had a barbecue.

Mmmm. Plump tasty chicken. Tender little chicken. Mmmm
Sunday is the first day.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #80
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So you can't have a barbecue on Saturday?

Let me ask a Rabbi.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #81
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Then don't do individuals, do it in wholesale lots, a veritable blood bath or chicken slaughter, with blood and feathers flying everywhere, feet and heads, the little red combs, the .....

errr I'll stop now....

May the deep fat fryer in your local KFC explode the next time you go in to stock up on wings! Coating you in luscious chicken-smelling grease and unidentified chicken bits - so that you spend the rest of your mortal days running in terror from packs of crazed pariah dogs through the dark streets.
Errmm... wait - did I just start writing a new saga? Hmmm ...
chicken grease, pariah dogs, chases?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #82
SameOldStory
My True Self

YOU are not a nice chicken!

Dsvick was just trying to help KK out with a time management problem, and you start in wishing him misfortune!

I've had enough! No more nice guy. I'm going to file a complaint with one of the mods!

Wait a minute.

YOU are one of the mods!

Now I see it, a fifth columnist in our very midst!! Are the other mods chickens too, just in disguise?

I bet I'm going to be sent off to a re-education camp where I'll learn to eat tofu hot dogs with bean sprouts. YUCK

Churches used to offer scantuary. I wonder if KFC can do that?

Too late!

It's chickenman! He's everywhere! He's everywhere!"

Spoiler:
You have to be kinda old to know that one. Chickenman Wiki

Old 08-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #83
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Dsvick was just trying to help KK out with a time management problem, and you start in wishing him misfortune!

I've had enough! No more nice guy. I'm going to file a complaint with one of the mods!

Wait a minute.

YOU are one of the mods!

Now I see it, a fifth columnist in our very midst!! Are the other mods chickens too, just in disguise?

I bet I'm going to be sent off to a re-education camp where I'll learn to eat tofu hot dogs with bean sprouts. YUCK

Too late!

Spoiler:

You will be immobilized with knock-out gas, taken away to a remote Pacific island still populated by cannibals, and wake up in a gently steaming cauldron surrounded by friendly hungry natives asking if you prefer leeks, garlic, basil, celery -- or all of them! When you try to explain you'd prefer not to accept their dinner invitation, they will throw in the lobsters (without those cute rubber bands on) to hold you in the broth until done!
No sanctuary! No safety! Only salivation!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #84
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Well if not KFC then Churches Fine Chicken Certainly!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #85
SameOldStory
My True Self

What EVIL lurks in the heart of a chicken?

Boy killed by an attacking chicken.

The end was so terrible that it was cut out. Believe me, you didn't want to see it.

Unless your a chicken, that is.

Chicken attacks are VERY common.

This chicken has just eaten a very large animal, leaving nothing but bones. Then two sweet innocent little girls walk by, and it attacks them!

Sadly, the two girls were never seen again.

The moral of the story is eat chicken or be eaten BY a chicken.

Last edited by SameOldStory; 08-29-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #86
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Nah. Not really....not if you grew up on a chicken farm.

Nice and fresh too.
I never learned how to effectively/efficiently de-feather

Quote:

Wait a minute.

YOU are one of the mods!

Too late!

Spoiler:

OH MY GOSH!!!!! they used to play that on AFN Radio when I was stationed in Germany!!! whenever I would have a particularly perplexing problem I used to go; "bawk baawk BAWWWKKKKK!!!!! it's Chicken Man!!!!" actually still do it occasionally. get the weirdest looks, and no one has ever known what I was going on about until now!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #87
kennyc

Quote:
I never learned how to effectively/efficiently de-feather

Boiling water and then skinning...
Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #88
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Sadly, the two girls were never seen again.

They deserved to become dinner after all that screeching!

Hah - the chickens attack!

Led by "THE WHITE WINGED WARRIOR" in a Green Hat!

Tremble! Flee! No place to hide!!

[Errmm... please?]
Old 08-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #89
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Boiling water and then skinning...
see they just made me pluck
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #90
kennyc

Quote:
see they just made me pluck
No, no, gotta dunk em in boiling water first.