Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Nels
Nels began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Daily Edition
Problems with Library Books

I have been using my Reader to check out and read library books since I have no desire to own every book I read. But there are a couple of quirks with the Sony Reader software that have been annoying.

The sync is all messed up and never completes on my Reader. I get around that by using Calibre, but it is annoying.

The "return borrowed item" feature works sometimes, but mostly doesn't work. When I click on that to try to return I get error -1111. I can't find any help with that error. I also just use Calibre to delete the library books I've read to get around that too.

I have some handwriting files that I would like to get off the Reader onto the SD card. I can't figure out how to do that.

Overall - the Sony software seems to be a mess. I'd really appreciate any assistance.
Nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
You can use ADE software to download and send library books to the Sony. It isn't great but its better than the Sony software. The return borrowed item works for me 95% of the time on the ADE software.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
I, too, use ADE software to download library ebooks, and it works fine with my Sony 505. I thought it was the only way to do it when using Overdrive.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote