Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
jv5775
jv5775 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Using a Border's gift card

I received a Border's gift card. Does anyone know if that can be used at the Sony reader store, since Border's doesn't have any e-books.
jv5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
No, it won't work at the Sony reader store.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
I'd note most gift cards won't work for ebooks, period.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I'm glad you asked! I've been wondering the same thing, as I have a Border's gift card taking up space in my wallet. Bummer they don't.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
But you can use the Borders Gift Card to buy a Sony Reader gift card and then use that to buy books at the Sony store. The Sony Reader gift cards come in $25 and $50 cards.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
But you can use the Borders Gift Card to buy a Sony Reader gift card and then use that to buy books at the Sony store. The Sony Reader gift cards come in $25 and $50 cards.
I'd didn't see those at the store. Of course, I wasn't really looking. My gift card isn't that much though, but enough to buy one ebook maybe. But, thanks! I'll keep that in mind!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
jv5775
jv5775 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
gift card info

Thanks for the info from all about the Border's gift cards...just what I needed to know!
jv5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard

BTW-- Welcome to MobileRead!
Which Sony reader do you have? I hope you're liking it as much as I like mine!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I had a few of these I got for Christmas; I sold them on ebay, then used the money to buy ebooks!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #10
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
You're quite welcome. Glad to be of help. I've been to a few Borders stores and the gift cards are usually under the display of the demo readers. To be safe I'd call in advance to make sure they have them for when you go. They seem to run out when they give our their Border Bucks rewards coupons.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote