Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
BryanGilmer
BryanGilmer began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Kindle app
Smile $1.99 New release crime thriller, FELONIOUS JAZZ

Edit: Now $4.99
=--=-==-
Hi everyone -- I'm Bryan Gilmer. I teach newswriting at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and have made my living as a professional writer for 15 years, first as a newspaper reporter and now writing for institutional and corporate clients. My crime thriller, Felonious Jazz, has just been published, and it's enjoyed success way beyond my expectations, ranking as high as 17th on the Kindle Store's Mystery & Thrillers category upon its release a week ago. I'd like to invite all of you to read it, and in celebration of Memorial Day, I'm offering it for just $1.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Felonious-Jazz/dp/B00295R17Y

Here's the back cover blurb: Jeff Davis Swain digs up evidence for a Raleigh, North Carolina, trial law firm. Like Raleigh, Swain is Southern with blue-collar roots but now finds himself more at home in an Audi convertible than a rusty Ford pickup. When one of the firm's clients comes home to find his McMansion burglarized -- and his new wife's dog dead in the kitchen -- the man suspects his ex-wife. But Swain senses this is someone far more dangerous. From a stolen minivan, washed-up jazz bassist Leonard Noblac watches as Swain begins to investigate. He's ready to perform his next crime to punish and expose the zeros who live in the soulless suburb of Rocky Falls, and he's happy to have Swain in the front row of his audience. Used to working from the shadow at the back of the stage, Leonard intends to put down a throbbing beat of crime and destruction in Rocky Falls, the performance he knows will finally make him famous -- a jazz album of felonies. Jeff Swain must find Leonard and stop him -- but that will put the people closest to Jeff in mortal danger.

The book has been selling extremely well at local B&M retailers for $14.95 in trade paperback and has gotten strong reviews on Amazon. Paperback edition is now live on Amazon for $12.87, too:
http://www.amazon.com/Felonious-Jazz.../dp/1442173084

Go ahead and grab it before the price goes back up, and you'll have it to read when you need something fun.

I look forward to discussing the book here and becoming part of this great community.

Best,
Bryan Gilmer

Last edited by BryanGilmer; 05-27-2009 at 07:52 AM.
BryanGilmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Bryan, welcome to MobileRead. We just love having authors come by and tell us about their books and how to get the electronic editions. Drop in the Writer's Corner forum and see what's going on with the various authors who have dropped by.

Since purchasing my Kindle, I've taken advantage of some of the books offered by new authors and have found some real gems. I'll warn you, though -- there are a lot of other devices around and readers who live outside the USA and Amazon won't sell books for anything but the Kindle. So you're likely to have folks asking "what about me"? You might see if you can get your book out through Fictionwise or BooksonBoard as well as Amazon. That should get your novel into the hands of just about any of the members here at MobileRead.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Up to 4.99 as of 5/27/09
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
BryanGilmer
BryanGilmer began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Kindle app
Yes, back to $4.99 after Memorial Day. Thanks for the update. After the author changes the price, it's often hours or overnight before Amazon shows it. Hadn't made it around here yet.

Thanks to all who took advantage of the sale.

Cheers,
Bryan Gilmer
BryanGilmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bargain kindle books, crime, deal, sale, thriller