Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Corriere della Sera - Kindle Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Corriere-Della...7544736&sr=1-1

The most read Italian newspaper, the Corriere della Sera, is readable on the Kindle.
But the Kindle is not sold in Italy.

Other newspapers going "e" have chosen, obviously, other devices, mostly iRex's.
So I wonder: what's behind that move?
I suspect something...

Is it the definitve nail on Irex, Cybook and Sony coffin, at least for Italian marketplace?
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
So I wonder: what's behind that move?
I suspect something...
I wouldn't suspect anything more than that there is a market for that newspaper among U.S. citizens of Italian descent or otherwise interested.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
TomBolini
ebooks distributor
TomBolini doesn't litterTomBolini doesn't litter

Device: HP2710p iLiad Cybook Sony 505 Kindle DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
I wouldn't suspect anything more than that there is a market for that newspaper among U.S. citizens of Italian descent or otherwise interested.
We, as a company, are in charge of going ePaper with La Stampa (on iLiad, DR1000 and 6 inches devices in a second phase). It looks like by Amazon they want to offer in the US market some international newspaper, nothing less nothing more, I think.
TomBolini is offline   Reply With Quote