Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
It comes with a USB charger, meaning you would connect the Kindle to a PC to charge it.
Ah, okay. Well at least he has a computer with USB 2.0 ports to charge it, but what a weird thing to cheap out on. I've got a wall-wart from an HTC phone that should give about the same amperage that I'll mail him for charging.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #17
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 4.9 volts and .85 amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
Ah, okay. Well at least he has a computer with USB 2.0 ports to charge it, but what a weird thing to cheap out on. I've got a wall-wart from an HTC phone that should give about the same amperage that I'll mail him for charging.
the one that comes with the kindles 2 & 3 is rated at 4.9 volts and .85 amps.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I am considering refurbished kindle keyboard wifi from UK. It doesn't come with a charger, thats all the downsides?

It still has 1 year warranty, everything is the same as buying new kindle?
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #19
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Yes pretty much.

A new Kindle from Amazon comes with a one-year warranty, a USB lead & charger, and quick start guide. Plus you have the option of buying an extra 2-year warranty for £25.

A refurbished Kindle comes with a one-year warranty and a USB lead*.

In saying that, I've bought two refurbished Kindles, one came with a charger too.

Edited to add: I'm not 100% definite on the one-year warranty as Amazon Warehouse states 90-days, but I did read that people have contacted Amazon about this and been told it's one year for Kindles. As they seem pretty good at replacing faulty Kindles, this doesn't seem likely to be an issue anyway.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 10-05-2011 at 01:18 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote