Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
Calibre Filenames and Sony PRS-650

Hi there,

I have a question (or perhaps a request?) ...

First my setup:

- I use a Sony PRS-650 which is able to "sort by filename"
- I use Calibre to fill the Sony because I LOVE the way Calibre puts my books in Collections based on "Series" and "Tags"
- My books get their meta-data edited to only include the book name in "title" (no series information) - and I want it to stay that way

Now my question:

Is there any way to get calibre to "export" my files directly to my Sony using the following convention (and still put them in collections like before)?

Author - Series - Series Index - Name of the book - anything calibre needs to identify

Why I would like this:

If something like this is possible, I could make "collections" by using tags (For example "English" - "Deutsch" - "Rollins, James") and use "sort by filename" to put everything inside one collection in a logical order (well - logical for me) - Series would be in order, single books by the same author would be at the right place etc.)

Is there any way to do what I would like?

Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct forum.

Take a look at preferences->sending books to device. You can enter the path and filename of books using the Calibre template language. For what you want, you'll probably want to use something like
Code:
{authors} - {series|| - }{series_index|| - }{title}
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Hello Manichean,

thanks for the "push" into the right forum and for your help!!

For everybody interested, this is what I found working for me:

{author_sort}/{authors} - {series} {series_index:0>2s} - {title}

Old 05-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

You should note, though, that your template has no conditional formatting for series, that is, if no series information is present, your books will get a filename of, for example, "John Smith - - A Book". This may or may not be a problem for you.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Uluhara
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
You should note, though, that your template has no conditional formatting for series, that is, if no series information is present, your books will get a filename of, for example, "John Smith - - A Book". This may or may not be a problem for you.
you have a point !

Any idea how to fix it? because when I tried the solution you gave above (copy and past) that did not work ... what are those || ment to be? Perhaps they did not copy correct?

Really appreciate your help
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

Those do the conditional formatting. If you change your template to
Code:
{author_sort}/{authors}{series| - |} {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
it should work.

What exactly didn't work when you tried the example I posted earlier? What filenames did you get?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Uluhara
Connoisseur

Hi Manichean,

with your first line I get:

Author - Title

with your second line I get:

Author Series_index - Title

Meanwhile I stumbled upon:

{author_sort}/{authors} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

That seems to work, but gives

Author - Series - Series_index - Title

I find no way to eliminate the - between Series and Series-index ...

Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

Ah, my bad. The syntax is a little different in one detail than I remembered:
Code:
{author_sort}/{authors}{series:| - |} {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
Old 05-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #9
Uluhara
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Ah, my bad. The syntax is a little different in one detail than I remembered:
Code:
{author_sort}/{authors}{series:| - |} {series_index:0>2s} - {title}

You did it ! That works like a charm