Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
ltucci1924
ltucci1924 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: JETBOOK MINI RB
JET BOOK MINI WOW JUST GOT IT

I just got my new jetbook mini about 2 hours ago. This is one great ebook reader. It is so very easy to use simple is the word lol.
It is so small and so very light in weight. I had the jetbook light and several other ebook readers but this is the very best one yet. I had to convert my epub stuff to fb2 with ease and update to the latest update with no problem. It all whent very fast and after playing with it for a few hours It is simple to use and a plasure at that. If anyone is holding off getting the mini because of the no epub thing like I did dont wait any longer. Fb2 is a great format to use. Again this is a great and fun ebook reader.
ltucci1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Are there any functions missing as compared to the JBL? Can you go directly to a page and search for words? Does it keep a list of your most recent books? Does it work with DRM ePub books (were any of your ePub books DRM)? (so many questions, I know)
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
ltucci1924
ltucci1924 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: JETBOOK MINI RB
Can you go directly to a page and search for words? Yes you can go to a page but no to search for words. I had no drm epub books. You can only use tex or fb2 format. The cool thing is the sd card. The internal memory is 1.4 mb but when I put in the 2 gb sd card the internal memory shows as 2 gb. So the sd card is as internal memory. I think there are not as maney settings as the jbl but the mini is so simple to use I dont miss anything from the jbl. The jbl is almost twice as heavy and seems much bigger. The mini is fun like to use.

Last edited by ltucci1924; 01-24-2011 at 06:19 PM.
ltucci1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
csandste
csandste doesn't littercsandste doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
No drm epub would be a breaker for me. If it had that and sold for about $50-60, I'd probably buy one as I like my Libre much better than my Kobo. Think the overall package, especially the multiple colors is pretty appealing.
csandste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltucci1924 View Post
Can you go directly to a page and search for words? Yes you can go to a page but no to search for words. I had no drm epub books. You can only use tex or fb2 format. The cool thing is the sd card. The internal memory is 1.4 mb but when I put in the 2 gb sd card the internal memory shows as 2 gb. So the sd card is as internal memory. I think there are not as maney settings as the jbl but the mini is so simple to use I dont miss anything from the jbl. The jbl is almost twice as heavy and seems much bigger. The mini is fun like to use.
I agree. I liked my jetBook Lite but I don't use it anymore... jetBook mini is allways with me now!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
crazydave
crazydave began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltucci1924 View Post
I just got my new jetbook mini about 2 hours ago. This is one great ebook reader. It is so very easy to use simple is the word lol.
It is so small and so very light in weight. I had the jetbook light and several other ebook readers but this is the very best one yet. I had to convert my epub stuff to fb2 with ease and update to the latest update with no problem. It all whent very fast and after playing with it for a few hours It is simple to use and a plasure at that. If anyone is holding off getting the mini because of the no epub thing like I did dont wait any longer. Fb2 is a great format to use. Again this is a great and fun ebook reader.
Did any of the epubs have images? If so, how did they look?
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks you guys for the in depth replies. I will definitely keep it in mind if I need another ereader.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
demingite
Connoisseur

Jetbook Mini $79.99 @ Newegg

BTW, Jetbook Mini now $79.99 with free shipping and earlight at Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...E-Book-Readers
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by demingite View Post
BTW, Jetbook Mini now $79.99 with free shipping and earlight at Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...E-Book-Readers
NewEgg sell jetBook Lite for $79.99 and jetBook mini for $89.99 now
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The following quote from an earlier thread might explain why "Itucci1924" doesn't "miss"
anything from the JBL, it will also give you some perspective with regard to his experience with the JBL:

"well I got it yesterday. It froze up in about 20 min. and there was nothing I could do to unfreeze it. I called newegg and they said to send it back for a replacement or refund. I opt for the refund."

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
NewEgg sell jetBook Lite for $79.99 and jetBook mini for $89.99 now

It looks like the black mini is still $79.99

And a free case and earlight with that JBL? What's up with that? Makes my $69.99 Libre seem overpriced.

ETA: So is there a Newegg spy reading this board? Just checked my email and there's a $25 coupon code from Newegg for any purchase. Any? And I can't find any strings attached, like open a new Visa, etc.

Last edited by wandalynn; 02-23-2011 at 10:05 PM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Congrats Wanda Lynn!

I'd buy a JBL in a heartbeat with a $25 coupon!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #13
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Coupon?! I'm crushed! In fact, I just got an order from Newegg today ... but no coupon.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #14
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Just ordered 100$ in accessorys for a computer I'm building for a friend from newegg, but no coupon!

Nice system, but we tricked it out a bit more, added web cam, usb flobby drive, blue LED lighted keyboard, and replacing one DVD drive that had something wrong with it.

Maybe they do read these boards.
You'd think that after buying 5 Jetbooks they'll send me one.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
After checking further, the $25 Newegg coupon is for any purchase over $50. No other strings that I can see. Here's how I think I got it:

Back when I'd decided to get an LCD (either JBL or Aluratek) ereader I created a Newegg account and put a JBL in the basket but didn't buy. Couldn't find how to add the accessory that I thought was free without getting a charge. In the meantime I found the Libre at Ultimate (may it RIP) for $69. So I've never made a Newegg purchase. The email reads: 'You Know You Want To..."

So how do I justify another ereader? My nook did finally get replaced with a spotless refurb (long ugly story) and I got one of the $60 Pandigitals from Kohls. I'm already in ereader heaven.

Anyway, I think the secret isn't giving them lots of business but creating an account and then giving them none.

Last edited by wandalynn; 02-25-2011 at 10:57 AM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote