Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Cybook Gen3 or Kindle 3

I have ordered a K3, but have seen a very cheap Gen 3. Im thinking of canceling the K3 and getting the Gen 3 instead.

I have seen both the Opus and the Sony-PRS 650 (which uses the same screen as the Kindle 3) and I think I prefer the Opus screen.

So which should I buy--the K3 or the Gen 3. The K3 seems like an upgrade on the Gen 3, but I'm not sure. The Gen 3 screen is so nice.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I have seen both the Opus and the Sony-PRS 650 (which uses the same screen as the Kindle 3) and I think I prefer the Opus screen.
Are you sure it was 650 ? wasn't that 600 ? the pearl screens (on the sony and k3), are better than the vizplex one (Bookeen, sony 600) (mm, never mind that, I didn't read what you wrote properly)

I would say I main question there are : where do I wanna buy books ? What format do I want to read ? What about the keyboard ? It takes some place....
Why do you want to buy an other reader ? Anything the opus or prs-650 don't do ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-25-2010 at 02:55 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert