Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
And in 10 years time, you will use a different device, with a different OS, and need to repurchase them for that device.
... or you just let them go. I've purchased far more apps than I've actually used regularly.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #17
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
If you're talking about the KnitCompanion app, it's totally worth it... especially if you like to knit complex stuff like lace, etc. It's as awesome at keeping your place in the pattern as Kindle is at keeping your place in a book. I scan and import all my patterns into KnitCompanion now, as I get them. I also use it with Dropbox integration.

BTW, I have the iPad mini (2nd gen), but also an iPhone 5 (not the newest model), Kindle paperwhite, and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. They all have their specialties.

Now I'll be heading over to the Device Addicts thread... ;-)
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineNH View Post
If you're talking about the KnitCompanion app, it's totally worth it... especially if you like to knit complex stuff like lace, etc. It's as awesome at keeping your place in the pattern as Kindle is at keeping your place in a book. I scan and import all my patterns into KnitCompanion now, as I get them. I also use it with Dropbox integration.

BTW, I have the iPad mini (2nd gen), but also an iPhone 5 (not the newest model), Kindle paperwhite, and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. They all have their specialties.

Now I'll be heading over to the Device Addicts thread... ;-)
You bet! Wish she would put it on google play!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
She has a Kickstarter campaign to try to raise capital - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...droid?ref=live. It looks to me like she was over-reaching, though, in the amount she was seeking and under-performing in the rewards she was offering. I love the program, but really don't care about her designer integrations, KcUniversity, or any of that.

Kickstarter may not have been the best choice for a funding platform either, as it's all-or-nothing. Other crowd-sourcing options (IndieGoGo, for one) allow more flexibility.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote