Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #22201
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Geesh, you guys. I have just started to feel good and everyone is getting sick again.

Get better soon.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 AM   #22202
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ahhh! but I have the cauldron of The Daghda! impossible to empty!
AFAIR bathing in said cauldron heals.
No soup workaround needed
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #22203
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Something to consider when choosing which computer to purchase. I wonder if your experience was a fluke, or is Dell's customer support always this shoddy? And are their customers' personal information being stolen by employees? I assume you still have never reached their security department.
I tried calling again this afternoon. They only have two courses of action:

1) Customer Support can refer me to Technical Support,

2) Technical Support can refer me to Customer Support.

I'll send a nasty letter to their corporate address.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #22204
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Since it sounds like a serious security issue you might consider to post it somewhere else too.
Slashdot maybe? Dunno.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #22205
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
*ACK* Getting worse .... went into work for 3 hours and nearly passed out on my desk ... safely home now ... *ACHOO*

Was freezing cold ... now sweating through several layered shirts .... Oh to breathe again ....
Well that doesn't sound good. Sounds like the flu has you. Hope you're better soon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #22206
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I tried calling again this afternoon. They only have two courses of action:

1) Customer Support can refer me to Technical Support,

2) Technical Support can refer me to Customer Support.

I'll send a nasty letter to their corporate address.
Dell computer after-market service, you say? Filed for future reference. Thanks for sharing that. I'd been thinking about getting a Dell; now I'm not so sure.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-28-2013 at 05:10 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #22207
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
ProfCrash, since they don't seem to be able to cure what you have, here is an idea;

1. Stand in front of an open window and do 100 'Jumping Jacks' and 'Deep Knee Bends' very quickly, working up a good sweat. Then pour ice water all over you and stand outside in the wind. Obviously, this part doesn't cure you. This part gives you Pneumonia.
2. Go back to the Doctor. They DO know how to cure pneumonia.

You can thank me later.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #22208
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Dell computer after-market service, you say? Filed for future reference. Thanks for sharing that. I'd been thinking about getting a Dell; now I'm not so sure.
I have had nothing but hideous after purchase support from Dell - both personal and business. The customer support people are helpless/hopeless and the technical support people are clueless.

Example: we ordered a batch of PC's for our business - which were shipped with no OS installed. Not realizing, or expecting, this I simply dropped off boxes at each desk and told the employees to hook them up and then give me a call when they were booted up, so that I could load our company configuration. One employee (scared to death that she had somehow "broken" her new PC) called Dell support first - and engaged in a verbal battle trying to convince them that there was no OS on the disk. I arrived during this exchange - verified that the disks were not formatted, no partitions, etc. - which the support person continued to deny. I hung up, packed up all the PC's and called Dell Sales - to let them know that they were all being returned - and why. Later that week, we received PC's with OS installed - but no explanation or apology. I switched our company to HP.

The only reason we still have any Dell PC's at work is that I found a reasonably priced local repair shop that I can dump problem PC's on to fix. It's worth the cost never having to speak to a Dell dim-wit again.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #22209
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
ProfCrash, since they don't seem to be able to cure what you have, here is an idea;

1. Stand in front of an open window and do 100 'Jumping Jacks' and 'Deep Knee Bends' very quickly, working up a good sweat. Then pour ice water all over you and stand outside in the wind. Obviously, this part doesn't cure you. This part gives you Pneumonia.
2. Go back to the Doctor. They DO know how to cure pneumonia.

You can thank me later.

Stitchawl
I have had pneumonia twice already this winter so I'll pass.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #22210
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
To all of you who are sick , I hope you'll get better soon. Drink a lot and try to get some rest.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #22211
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Drink a lot and try to get some rest.
Ditto the good vibes sent to all who are ill. Take the above recommendation toward whatever beverage cures you best!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #22212
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess it's having a fever -- last night I drank a 2 L bottle of club soda in 4 hours - I've lost my taste but appreciated the fizzy bubbles.

*ACK*
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #22213
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Was actually starting to feel better yesterday, even showed houses until after seven. Came home to find one of the horses stuck with her front end on one side of a fence and the hind on the other. Spent an hour and a half coaxing her with grain to get unstuck. In the mud, in the low 30s. Back in bed. *sob*!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #22214
poohbear_nc
Now what?

The bug comes & goes [even without stuck horses!] - yesterday I was miserable, today I feel fine, tomorrow .... who knows?

The only thing I've found that really helps is sleep - lots of sleep.
[and liberal dollops of single malt]
Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #22215
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I came back from North Carolina with some sort of bug. It must be going around down there. (By the way, in a couple of weeks I could change my name to BenG_nc.)
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness