Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #196
GBAV
GBAV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300
Fonts

I'd like to change the default font;
Is there a way to store fonts on the reader and refer to them from the ePub, like you can with a Sony PRS?

With a PRS can store fonts in device:\fonts\ and refer to them from the html/epub \\\data\fonts\, but this doesn't work on the E60...
GBAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #197
Ikaro456
Ikaro456 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E65
Hi, im a user of a Spanish E65,V.firmware 1001.1 . I want to change this firmware (change the webpage, the icons and more) but i dont know how i do that, please if someone tell me how i do that, i will give the thanks and my respect. What should i do?
And other question is:
Can I use firmwares E60(french) for my E65(spanish) or not?

Last edited by Ikaro456; 03-21-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Ikaro456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #198
quedificil
quedificil began at the beginning.

Device: samsung e65
Modified firmware for the spanish E65, based on the modifications of the E60 french firmware.

http://www.multiupload.com/5P639QLMLH

Use at your own risk.
quedificil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #199
Ikaro456
Ikaro456 began at the beginning.

Thank 4 all quedificil!
Ikaro456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #200
Petrossi
Petrossi began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60
[SOLVED] I created my own starting page using javascript and the code

Code:
<form name="due" onsubmit="return false">
<input name="url" value="" size="50" type="text" />
<input onclick="location.replace('http://'+due.url.value)" value="URL" type="submit" />
<input onclick="location.replace('http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&q='+due.url.value)" value="Google" type="submit" />
<input onclick="location.replace('https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/wiki/'+due.url.value)" value="Wikipedia" type="submit" /><br />
</form>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Prower View Post
This is what you'll get with the default homepage : URL*and search bar are combined.*Either enter a URL and click "Go", or a search term and click either "Google" or "Wikipedia".
I changed the homepage, I changed indexpersonnel.html it and now I don't remember the content (and the inner URL): can you help me?

I've lost the homepage in wich it's possible to insert a URL.

Thank you

Furio

Last edited by Petrossi; 03-24-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: SOLVED
Petrossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #201
Ramsey
Ramsey began at the beginning.

Device: samsung e60
Hi All

I just bought an English E60 and have been trying to install the custom firmware from http://code.google.com/p/e60-open/wi...resdisponibles using the advice given on that site but am just getting a "No file exists" error. I'm guessing it is because my UK E60 is looking for a UK specific firmware update.
However, if I rename the foxfirmware bin file to E60k.bin and initiate a recovery boot, will that force the install? However that's risky as I might not be able to recover if I brick the device. Therefore, is there a further step I can take, e.g. I have read that the recovery process also looks for "E60.bin" "SNE-60.bin" "SNE-100K.bin" therefore can I rename the real rescue firmware to one of these and the hacked fox firmware to another one and then get the option of installing either in the recovery console? Has anyone else managed to get the custom firmware going on a UK E60? My current firmware is M-EB06S6EH-1003.0 and my model is LD06ESWPWT/EN, type ES06WS.

Thanks
Ramsey
Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #202
madrid83
madrid83 began at the beginning.

Device: e-65
Unhappy e65 internet access

Hi everyone

I bought the e-65 the last week, I'm quite satisfied with it, but I getting mad trying to use the internet access.
I read this forum, the hardware.fr also and others, but i can´t update the e-65 firmware, also I saw others ways, but I don't know nothing about linux, unpack, rotfs,.mkpackage,dsnldnd.v.cx.v-d ...
I understood that the simple way, its to put a modifed firmware in firmware_update ebook folder and update the firmware.
The problem is that the reader never finds the file to update I guess because I didn´t download the file for a e65 firmware french version.

Any have the .bin for the e65 french version and the correct filename.???? Please help¡¡¡¡¡

thanks guys
madrid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #203
anasofia
anasofia began at the beginning.

Hi everyone! I'm from portugal and it's my first time on the site!

I just got for my birthday a samsung E65 and i'm very pleased with it!
The only problem is the fact that I can't see the books that i put in the microSD card.
I'm using Calibre to transfer my books(epub format), but when i transfer the books to the external card, the device won't see them. And I don't understand why, and this is only for the books because with images and music no problem.
i'm not saying that i have a lot of books and 2GB are not enough for me, but, i like to keep my options open!

So, really appreciated if anyone who had this problem or knows what i'm talking about to explain what I have to do!

best wishes and many thanks
anasofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #204
laz666
laz666 began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
U.K. E60

Ramsey,
Because I am impatient and I got an E60 for quite cheap, I have just installed the custom firmware on my U.K. unit by renaming the .bin file as E60k.bin and sticking it in the Firmware_Update directory, switching the thing off, then booting into recovery mode by holding volume up and power on at the same time. This will install the custom firmware, but you cannot yet go back to the original firmware because nobody can get hold of the U.K. version. As a result of switching to the custom firmware, the English dictionary no longer works (and selecting the dictionary icon will crash the unit and require a reset), but you do get the internet working.
I have written several times to Samsung U.K. and have had no luck in getting them to give any sort of meaningful reply, much less in convincing them to release the firmware.
Anyway, switching to the custom firmware doesn't brick the unit (since, in the event of a crash, you can always restore the custom firmware in the same way you installed it in the first place, by keeping E60k.bin in /Firmware_Update), but you can't yet switch back to the official U.K. version with a working dictionary. I do miss the dictionary a bit, but I'm hopeful that the clever people working on the custom firmware will eventually find a way to restore dictionaries.

In general, I've found the E60 an interesting bit of kit, although some of the software seems a bit undercooked. It irritates me that you cannot rotate ePubs and .txt files, and even more that once I rotate a PDF to read it more clearly, I can no longer write on it (which is the main function I was interested in). Custom fonts would be good too, as several people have pointed out. For now, I guess those of us who cannot contribute any useful programming to the custom firmware project will have to wait and see how it develops.

Laz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Hi All

I just bought an English E60 and have been trying to install the custom firmware from http://code.google.com/p/e60-open/wi...resdisponibles using the advice given on that site but am just getting a "No file exists" error. I'm guessing it is because my UK E60 is looking for a UK specific firmware update.
However, if I rename the foxfirmware bin file to E60k.bin and initiate a recovery boot, will that force the install? However that's risky as I might not be able to recover if I brick the device. Therefore, is there a further step I can take, e.g. I have read that the recovery process also looks for "E60.bin" "SNE-60.bin" "SNE-100K.bin" therefore can I rename the real rescue firmware to one of these and the hacked fox firmware to another one and then get the option of installing either in the recovery console? Has anyone else managed to get the custom firmware going on a UK E60? My current firmware is M-EB06S6EH-1003.0 and my model is LD06ESWPWT/EN, type ES06WS.

Thanks
Ramsey
laz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #205
epavleis
epavleis began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo pb 603
I totally agree with you - and I ask next to your side help from those that know

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid83 View Post
Hi everyone

I bought the e-65 the last week, I'm quite satisfied with it, but I getting mad trying to use the internet access.
I read this forum, the hardware.fr also and others, but i can´t update the e-65 firmware, also I saw others ways, but I don't know nothing about linux, unpack, rotfs,.mkpackage,dsnldnd.v.cx.v-d ...
I understood that the simple way, its to put a modifed firmware in firmware_update ebook folder and update the firmware.
The problem is that the reader never finds the file to update I guess because I didn´t download the file for a e65 firmware french version.

Any have the .bin for the e65 french version and the correct filename.???? Please help¡¡¡¡¡

thanks guys
My model is E65 - LD06EQWPET/EN - type EQ06WS firm.version 1001.1 and all I ask is the name of the .bin to use - I have tried various but not working !!
epavleis is offline   Reply With Quote