Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Kindlepaperwhite beginners questions

I guess, I'm also new to Kindle Jailbreaking (but William Wallace would be proud!), although I have jailbroken the iPhone, rooted my Android phone and installed custom ROMs on there. So I do got come basic knowledge of those things even though I'm not super techy and can program

So here are my questions:

1. Once I have jailbroken the Amazon firmware, I can install the Duokan 2013 as a quasi dual boot, correct? Would it make sense to work with the jailbroken Amazon firmware and Duokan 2013 when installing additional "apps" and hacks? So in essense having 2 "open" fimrwares to work with? What are they drawback when working with Duokan 2013 vs Amazon jailbroken firmware?

2. Can I assume that Duokan 2013 support these apps & hacks here too? https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking

3. Is there any way to change the clock to 24h on the US locale on Paperwhite? There seems to be a solution for the KT but not Kindle PW

I have a new Kindle PW Wifi with firmware version 5.3.3, which I've read can't jailbroken unless you upgrade to 3.5.3, which I will do.

Last edited by readandread; 05-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
1) better on the duokan thread to ask that really... but basically I believe they have KUAL support now.

2) hmm... well.. the device should, regardless of duokan

3) eerrrr... you got me on that one. I reckon it might be in a TZ file but that is a guess... its 24H by default I think *looks at his UK one* well mine is... get back to you on that.

You need to Downgrade it. to 5.3.1 Then JB, (with bridge), then upgrade. Takes not very long. ten/twenty mins or something. Longer to find all the right files/threads : D
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Thanks for the response. But were is the doukan thread? Coulnd't find it
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
Hmm...
One hour between post and post - -
With a thread index that is 94 pages long, that is pretty quick reading.
What - 45 seconds per index page?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hmm...
One hour between post and post - -
With a thread index that is 94 pages long, that is pretty quick reading.
What - 45 seconds per index page?
(shakes head)

I know I'm tired, but... What'd he say???

Scratch that. I was just looking at THIS thread, not the doukan thread. (sic)
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
twobob

I think he said politely "look harder "