Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
What baffles me is that-- even though he seems to be from somewhere where English isn't the first language, surely that place has products, and money, and people who want to know what the products are before they give their money? I imagine store shelves filled with cans and boxes labeled only "Food!" and bottles labled only "Drink!", roads with vehicles branded only "Car!", movie listings that say only "give us 10 bucks to watch our movie, that's marketing, baby!" What part of the world do people buy products with no description, to the point that he is morally outraged to be asked for one?

It gave me an idea, though-- I should try an experiment in truth in advertising-- I should write something and put it on Amazon (or some other site that sells ebooks) and call it Give Me 3 Bucks, Moron! with no further info and see how many people decide that they have to see what that is...

Edited to add-- I just figured it out, he must work for Apple!

Last edited by ardeegee; 03-22-2010 at 11:41 AM.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
What baffles me is that-- even though he seems to be from somewhere where English isn't the first language, surely that place has products, and money, and people who want to know what the products are before they give their money? I imagine store shelves filled with cans and boxes labeled only "Food!" and bottles labled only "Drink!", roads with vehicles branded only "Car!", movie listings that say only "give us 10 bucks to watch our movie, that's marketing, baby!" What part of the world do people buy products with no description, to the point that he is morally outraged to be asked for one?

It gave me an idea, though-- I should try an experiment in truth in advertising-- I should write something and put it on Amazon (or some other site that sells ebooks) and call it Give Me 3 Bucks, Moron! with no further info and see how many people decide that they have to see what that is...

D'you say that last for that "I'm Rich" app?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #18
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
No, I said that last because Apple expects people to buy anything they sell-- sight unseen-- just because they tell them to. And it works.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
No, I said that last because Apple expects people to buy anything they sell-- sight unseen-- just because they tell them to. And it works.

HA!!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #20
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
... It gave me an idea, though-- I should try an experiment in truth in advertising-- I should write something and put it on Amazon (or some other site that sells ebooks) and call it Give Me 3 Bucks, Moron! with no further info and see how many people decide that they have to see what that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Quote:
I can't wait to read it on my iPad!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #21
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps View Post
your life really suck that you should read this book to understand how your life really suck .
If I needed to read that book to understand how much my life "suck", I'm sure it would.

And, um, wow. I'm used to encounters with not-native-English-speakers, but normally they can manage basic capitalization and punctuation rules. And throwing insults at a public forum--one that's google-indexed--where you're advertising your wares... that's a *new* marketing tactic.

Maybe his book is some kind of tax writeoff, where he's claiming a certain amount of capital is tied up in creating it, and he *really* doesn't want it to sell?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #22
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'm used to encounters with not-native-English-speakers, but normally they can manage basic capitalization and punctuation rules.
Are you sure about that? Because in my experience the typical native-English-speaking internet user normally can't manage basic capitalization and punctuation rules. (And needs a remedial class in homonyms and homophones.)

Quote:
Maybe his book is some kind of tax writeoff, where he's claiming a certain amount of capital is tied up in creating it, and he *really* doesn't want it to sell?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088850/
Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #23
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Thank you all, gentlemen - and lady - for the great entertainment you provided me with your answers in this thread. When I saw the first post yesterday I almost reported it as spam. Now I'm very happy I didn't Do keep up the good work!

Last edited by Ea; 03-22-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #24
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Similar option: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063462/ (or the remake, take your pick)
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #25
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
I tried wearing homophones while playing the homonyms but it didn't work I couldn't hear a thing.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 AM   #26
gramps
gramps began at the beginning.

Device: none
First of all WAW just WAW ….wait Waaaw. Uhhhhhhh
Reader discretion is advised :

I thought my membership will be blocked because of this thread ! but anyways now I have sometime to spare replying to you all . so without further ass-u-me ption .English is not my native language + I’m just an employee + this book is around 25 pages !! and sorry in advance if u felt insulted ! I didn’t realize some of you such Drama queens !!

Anyways nerdy no hard feelings because there is no entertainment without insulting your intelligence ! and I will keep confusing you all about my nonsense replies and waiting for your pathetic assumptions for fun ! I have just realized how people felt by keyboards assaults ! I think so far this thread brought some entertainment to your boring chats !!!! oohh didn’t I insult anybody !! then good .
gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #27
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hey gramps I know the way and the light -- paypal me $10 and I'll fill ya in.

oh and it's way less than 25 pages and in English.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #28
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps View Post
First of all WAW just WAW ….wait Waaaw. Uhhhhhhh
Reader discretion is advised :
"and by the way I will not be back to read any replies in this forum !!"

That’s lying, baby !!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #29
LucasCorso
Enthusiast
LucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
You guys don't want to admit that your life suck! Spending your lives reading books, joining interesting conversations with strangers on internet, about moral values, ethics, concepts about right and wrong, having fun now and then... What's wrong with you people?

Gramps, I'm sure your book has about all the right ingredients (money, life, work) to be a almost masterpiece. Can you add a page or two about sex, so it's complete and covers everything humankind wanted to know for so many generations?

To everybody else: By reading this forum post I've just written you agree to send me 10 euro now! This is not a joke, me you life suck! Don't make me put this message on Amazon and charge you more! Thank you. Please?
LucasCorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #30
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasCorso View Post
You guys don't want to admit that your life suck! Spending your lives reading books, joining interesting conversations with strangers on internet, about moral values, ethics, concepts about right and wrong, having fun now and then... What's wrong with you people?

Gramps, I'm sure your book has about all the right ingredients (money, life, work) to be a almost masterpiece. Can you add a page or two about sex, so it's complete and covers everything humankind wanted to know for so many generations?

To everybody else: By reading this forum post I've just written you agree to send me 10 euro now! This is not a joke, me you life suck! Don't make me put this message on Amazon and charge you more! Thank you. Please?
Check's in the mail! My life suck less now.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote