Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Calibre competitors?

So my team leader wants me to do some research, to find out whether there's anything out there that can do even remotely the same thing that Calibre does by way of ebook library management, so I can develop a use-case why Calibre really is our best choice. I know there are other tools out there for conversion (Sigil, Mobipocket Creator), but for library management?

Sony and Kobo each have their own tools, but to the best of my knowledge, they're both proprietary to their hardware and don't allow books from other sources than their own stores (I may be wrong about the Kobo tool - I haven't investigated it much, not having a Kobo.)

Are there other database-type library management tools available?

Thanks.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Pers..._eBook_library

Sites like Goodreads and LibraryThing also have some library management features.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
All My Books does library management. But, it isn't free like Calibre.

http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmybooks.html
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote