Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
timbgray
timbgray began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre & iPad
Problem converting files for iPhone

Don't have any problems loading and reading a file by opening in PC Stanza app and then sharing to my iphone. Also don't have any problems using Calibre to get a file onto the iPhone using the Stanza content server. (couldn't get it to work with "Shared Books" but finally got an "Online Catalog configured".)

My problem is that when the file loads into iPhone it seems like the entire file tries to load onto the first page, swiping to subsequent pages just gives a blank page and the last line of text on the first page is a bit cutoff on the bottom.

I'm converting from RTF and whether I use Calibre to convert to epub, rtf or PDF the file on the iPhone behaves the same way.

If it convert the file using Calibre, and save to the desktop, it reads ok in Stanza, just keep scrolling down, but when I load the converted file into the iPhone using Stanza, the same problem with pagination happens.

Any ideas?
timbgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
timbgray
timbgray began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre & iPad
I tried to convert from RTF to DOC, but when I try to convert EPUB I get the message: "Could not convert because no suitable source format was found."
timbgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I did not think that DOC was a supported format for conversion purposes? Sounds as if the error message was wrong and should have been talking about the target format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Weird, you should ask on the Stanza forums, since it seems to be a problem with the stanza reader.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I make regulare use of the Stanza reader and have not noticed this sort of issue.

I must admit that where possible I start with LIT or HTML. If I have a RTF file I tend to load it into Word and then save it as HTML (Web Page, Filtered) before loading it into Calibre to convert to EPUB which seems to give food results.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Someone I send some ePub conversions to (using Calibre) works on his Stanza on his iPhone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote