Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #91
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Spectra's Gambit release set for FRIDAY THE 13th!
Congratulations! Love the picture.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #92
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Congratulations! Love the picture.

THanks! Wish I had taken it, or even knew where it came from. Google Images has it all over the world.
Advert
Old 06-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #93
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Finally, as far as actual writing goes, I have several more short stories started from last year. I'm lining up at least two of them for completion by this fall.
One done and out to the cloud.

The next is at the "first draft and reviewed by the group" stage. Should be out soon!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #94
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author
TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus Tablet
My goal started off at writing four books this year. Last year I wrote 3. Not so sure now. Finally finished and published the first of that goal. Working on the second and third. Still doable, but man, even after completing 7 books, doing one feels like forever.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #95
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Mid year and here we are still.....sounds like progress is being made by all.

I released two poetry collections - one containing Science and Speculative poetry the other a 'standard' collection.

I had a poem "Visitors" accepted and published at Star*Line.

I've written 142 poems many of which were in the two collections.

I've published a number of both new and existing writings on my two blogs.

I've fallen a bit behind where I'd wanted to be with a new collection of science essays, but such is life.

My current focus is on flash/short-short pieces of fiction, non-fiction and essay. These are very much like poetry and in fact some are what is often called prose poetry.

My thoughts at the moment are to continue to work the flash/short-short area as that seems to be more my thing than longer works (i.e. novels). And my hope is to release at least one and hopefully two flash collections by the end of the year. I'm still considering whether these will be divided along the fiction/non-fiction lines are not.

Good luck to everyone! Keep yer nose to the grindstone!
Advert
Old 06-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #96
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I finally finished 4 more flash fiction [prose poem] pieces and sent them out to Schlock! Webzine.

The editor accepted them all!

Now to work on that short story that I keep putting away....
Excellent! Congrats!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #97
kennyc

Man, you guys all died or what?

Just mopped up 2014

Published 2 new poetry collections in the first half of the year.

Completed (meaning drafted, edited, polished til ready for submission/publication):

232 new Poems (many of those included in the two releases)
45 Flash Fiction Pieces
58 Flash Nonfiction Pieces

a couple of longer fiction pieces in the short story range

I did not complete novel as was on my goals -- but have come to the conclusion that I simply am not a novel writer but will not avoid it should it arise in the future. One thing I've learn in my writing career - particularly in the last three doing it full time - is that things change. Also that I must follow my muse rather than try to force the writing. If I force it, it quickly turns to krap!

As might be obvious I continued my study of very short forms - Flash Fiction, Flash Nonfiction and Prose Poetry which began late in 2012 actually with reading/studing creative nonfiction. I've focused almost entirely on Flash this past year reading/studying/writing and learning and broadened it to include Prose Poetry and honestly I'm at the point where I see all three as pretty much the same, the only difference being the poetic/prosaic/lyrical focus and the poetic license for inclusion of fiction and non-fiction. (I've also discovered a few amazing flash writers including Lydia Davis and David Shumate and can provide other names if anyone is interested) I see these three forms so much the same that at the moment I'm seriously considering releasing my next collection as a combination of all three as well as possibly including more traditional poetry. My traditional poetry is more narrative than lyrical in any case so it lends itself to this possibility.

I've continued to update my blogs now and then mostly with new work or excerpts from publishes work as well as continue to promote it on G+ and various web sites and forums. Though I truly don't make anything like a serious marketing effort.

I'll post my 2015 goals in a separate thread.

Anyone else wanna share end of year status?

Last edited by kennyc; 01-01-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #98
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
See the new thread on 2015 Writing Goals!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253853

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread