Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
jeanno
jeanno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problem uploading ebooks

Hey guys,

So I have downloaded a few epub books, converted them to mobi and exported them to my kindle - calibre says they are there, but when I switch on my kindle they are nowhere to be found. Any ideas on if I'm doing something wrong?

I have converted & uploaded ebooks using Calibre before no problems (it worked last week!) so I'm not sure why this is suddenly happening. I have a fairly old mac but surely that wouldn't a difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a million!
jeanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try resetting your kindle (slide and hold the power switch for 20 seconds). That will usually get it to co-operate.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
jeanno
jeanno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I tried resetting - twice! It's still not happening for me
jeanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The other thing I have heard that can cause this issue is a particular file the Kindle is having problems with.

First delete all books from the Kindle and send them one by one and see if they show up. The first time a file does not show up, you know it is the problem file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote