Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #16
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Ok. So now the only concern I have would be what their definition of a 'Good condition' secondhand book actually means.
Well, every book I bought from them to date has been in excellent condition. They were obviously used, but aside from the occasional library label, there were no tears and the books weren't dog eared at all. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you'll have to judge for yourself when your books arrive.
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric11210 View Post
Well, every book I bought from them to date has been in excellent condition. They were obviously used, but aside from the occasional library label, there were no tears and the books weren't dog eared at all. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you'll have to judge for yourself when your books arrive.
If it's like that I'd be more than happy. I don't want books that are falling apart, torn covers or missing pages. General wear would be fine.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #18
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric11210 View Post
This goes without saying, however I would guess that you looked at a marketplace book. I've bought about two dozen books from them and found the prices (direct from them, not marketplace) to be consistently some of the best around.

Eric
No, the Marketplace also had the book, which was only $56 + $8 shipping...

The book in question is new.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:29 AM   #19
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Their new books seem to be consistently more expensive compared to The Book Depository so I'll rather buy from them when looking for a new copy.

My BWB order has shipped, so now I need to wait 21 business days to see how things turn out.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote