Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
No Coupons for eBooks at B&N

Since I bought the nook, I have been getting e-mails with coupons from B&N. However, all the codes the send are not valid with eBooks. What's up with that?

For the record, since kobobooks has been so generous with their coupons over the past couple of months, I have bought more than a few books from them. However, they seem to have slowed down on that lately.

Anyone know why B&N would not give discounts on eBooks?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Since I bought the nook, I have been getting e-mails with coupons from B&N. However, all the codes the send are not valid with eBooks. What's up with that?

For the record, since kobobooks has been so generous with their coupons over the past couple of months, I have bought more than a few books from them. However, they seem to have slowed down on that lately.

Anyone know why B&N would not give discounts on eBooks?
The agency 5 publishers do not allow any discounts of their fixed prices. You always have to pay the full price.
Because of this e-bookstores can no longer use general discounts with codes of coupons (Fictionwise had to end their Buywiseclub because of this).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
The agency 5 publishers do not allow any discounts of their fixed prices. You always have to pay the full price.
Because of this e-bookstores can no longer use general discounts with codes of coupons (Fictionwise had to end their Buywiseclub because of this).
Ah, so that's why the kobo coupons stopped. Interesting.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote