Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2015, 10:00 AM   #1486
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@cqwang: As @pghaworth mentioned, all of this is configurable in the "Cover Mode Behavior" submenu of the ScreenSavers KUAL extension.

Be aware that you'll have to invalidate your cached covers for the changes to take on already-parsed books ("Screen Savers Tools" > "Clear cover cache")
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #1487
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
@NiLuJe - Thanks, I left out "behavior." It's early and I'm not good early. LOL
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #1488
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
evening. longtime fan of the developers on this site. i have a jailbroken paperwhite2 with the screensaver hack. Unfortunately, it got updated to 5.6.1 and caused my pw2 to revert back to the canned amazon screensavers (those f'in pencils). To try to solve this, I read through the thread, used the @NiLuJe present from a few weeks ago and updated my jailbreak and it was a success. I loaded the KUAL for 5.x into my documents which was also a success in that i could now get on KUAL which shows (KUAL and a pulldown, Screensavers with a pulldown and Quit). i restarted my PW2 and was hoping this would get my screensavers back but no luck. Any assistance on a step or workthrough i'm surely missing? Thanks for any help, everyone!!!

Last edited by feelmaroon; 01-29-2015 at 08:12 PM.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #1489
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Did you reinstall all your hacks?

The only bridged hacks are the JB itself, and the bundled kindlet certificates (which allow KUAL to work as well).
Updates ALWAYS require reinstalling anything else that got installed via a .bin (i.e. installs files to the root partition, not just [userstore] ).

And since you are on version 5.6.x, you will need to install them via:
MobileRead Package Installer (KUAL extension)

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-29-2015 at 08:20 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #1490
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Did you reinstall all your hacks?

The only bridged hacks are the JB itself, and the bundled kindlet certificates (which allow KUAL to work as well).
Updates ALWAYS require reinstalling anything else that got installed via a .bin (i.e. installs files to the root partition, not just [userstore] ).

MobileRead Package Installer (KUAL extension)

Thank you for the insights, eschwartz. appreciated. I will add that mobileread package installer and will go try to find the screensaver bin that i had used.
Advert
Old 01-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #1491
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

MobileRead Package Installer (KUAL extension)[/QUOTE]

Got my screensavers back working. Thank you. I placed both the update_python-o.11 install for the pw2 and the update_linksys_0.21.N install in the MR package installer and it updated. I can't get the 'cover' feature to work, unfortunately. any tips? This KUAL tool is incredible.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:11 AM   #1492
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what you might be doing wrong. Your best bet is to reread the instructions in the OP, and make sure you have followed them to get everything setup.

It would also help to know what you see instead of covers.
Did you remember to reboot your Kindle after setting cover mode?
Old 02-06-2015, 04:47 AM   #1493
saphyrphoenix
saphyrphoenix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Screensaver hack/ Linkss folder missing

I deleted what I posted because I figured it out. Feeling like a dope for a stupid mistake.

Last edited by saphyrphoenix; 02-06-2015 at 05:14 AM. Reason: I resolved the issue!
saphyrphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:05 AM   #1494
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyrphoenix View Post
I deleted what I posted because I figured it out. Feeling like a dope for a stupid mistake.
Please do not do that - -
You threw away all of the reason for having a question and answer forum.

?
How is the next person who makes your mistake expected to learn the resolution?
?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #1495
anodyne
anodyne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I jailbroke and installed the screensavers hack today on my Kindle PW2 (B0D4) on FW 5.4.3.2 and everything else seems to work, but can't for the life of me figure out how to enable cover mode. I have enabled the option in KUAL and made sure to restart the framework, but it still seems to be stuck on the previous mode.

I also installed Python as detailed in the first post (not through mr package installer though) and also reinstalled the screensaver hack just to try out everything. Any pointers?
anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:22 PM   #1496
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@anodyne: What is currently showing up as a screensaver?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-07-2015 at 07:19 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #1497
anodyne

@NiLuJe: I currently have it flip though some wallpapers I uploaded, which is working beautifully. The issue is that the cover mode doesn't seem to work, even when I enable it (and get the cover options in KUAL) it will continue to flip through the uploaded pics.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #1498
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anodyne View Post
@NiLuJe: I currently have it flip though some wallpapers I uploaded, which is working beautifully. The issue is that the cover mode doesn't seem to work, even when I enable it (and get the cover options in KUAL) it will continue to flip through the uploaded pics.
Have you done a restart via menu>settings>etc (without having a usb cable attached)?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #1499
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Restarting the framework seems to do funky things for me I always just do a full restart.

FWIW.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:20 AM   #1500
anodyne

Thanks for the suggestions GoSHarks and eschwartz. I just flipped the mode over to last page, did a restart, then switched to cover mode and did another full restart and now it works perfectly!

Pretty sure I did attempt the full restart approach previously without success, but for whatever reason it didn't work before now. (perhaps I as GoSharks pointed out failed to disconnect the cable first) If anyone else has similar issues I would suggest they try the same, switch modes a couple of times and always trigger the restart through the kindle settings in between changes.

Thanks again, this hack was the main reason I jailbroke my kindle and I am very pleased to have it working now.

Last edited by anodyne; 02-08-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch