Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2019, 12:01 AM   #1
AwedJob
AwedJob began at the beginning.

Device: K3W, K4, PW2
Kindle Composite Poster

This is my proof of concept:

I want to create a status display for my classroom. The admin likes to know what the students are doing and where they are. They like that info to be posted outside each home room.

After mounting each eink display without the Kindle "wrapper", the final "poster" will be roughly 7x15 inches. There will be a 0.25 inch seam between each pair of Kindles. I have a lot of work to do to get there. This thread is where I will log my progress.
AwedJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:49 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The 'diags' mode of the K4 already runs X11 (X11 does multi-screen "walls").
The K4 does not have any touchscreen to deal with.
But 0.25 inch?
The K4 might be all metric.

(geekmaster had a "Kindle wall of K4" devices once upon a time - he never had a chance to post about the details)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
AwedJob

Device: K3W, K4, PW2
Many thanks for the tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The 'diags' mode of the K4 already runs X11 (X11 does multi-screen "walls").
I did not know this! Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
But 0.25 inch?
The K4 might be all metric.
It is just an estimate based on measurements I made of the e-ink screens using my wooden ruler from high school. It doesn't have metric measurements on it.

Quote:
(geekmaster had a "Kindle wall of K4" devices once upon a time - he never had a chance to post about the details)
I may ask him how he went about it. I thought it strange that I hadn't found any examples of what I was trying to do. Perhaps I wasn't using the correct terminology. Terms like "multi-head" and "walls" weren't in my initial searches.

I appreciate the assistance.
AwedJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwedJob View Post
. . . . .
I may ask him how he went about it.

. . . . .
You will have to channel to him.
He died last summer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #5
AwedJob