Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-26-2007, 04:39 AM   #1
ecm
ecm began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Remote Control

Hi.

Do any of the recent e-ink devices have remote control accessories, or the capacity for one? (not just laziness on my part, I've got a relative whose shoulders don't move much anymore)

Thanks in Advance,

ecm
ecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
None have advertised the ability to have one, either as a remote to control the eink device itself or for using the eink device to control other devices.

The Sony Reader for example has no IR or RF components that have been identified.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
ecm
ecm began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Thanks for the response. You mentioned a lack of IR and RF, but might the USB connection eventually allow page turning via PC? The wirelessness of it isn't a big priority, it's just a matter of getting some kind of clicker into her hand.

Thanks again,
ecm
ecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Maybe Scotty or someone working on a toolchain may be able to help. I don't remember seeing anything on that level in the Reader code I have looked through.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
tebaldo
Connoisseur
tebaldo doesn't littertebaldo doesn't litter

Device: Ganaxa GeR2, StareRead, Sony PRS505, Librié
You may modify an existing e-reader to add a mechanical part to the existing joystick or buttons (or open physically the reader and put different buttons, I think I would do that). Otherwise, the Librié has been opened by developers, so it may be possible to add an external device on the USB port. We could also do that on some Chinese readers, but it costs a lot...
tebaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
spartman
spartman began at the beginning.

Device: palm sj33
get an old laptop+ mouse.....click
spartman is offline   Reply With Quote