Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
addictedtoblue
addictedtoblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 frequently freezes when waking from sleep

Hello all,

I recently got a Kindle 2 which I enjoy quite a bit except for one problem - my Kindle frequently freezes when waking from sleep mode. More specifically, I am able to slide the power button to wake the Kindle, and hence change from the "screensaver page", but once that is completed, pressing any buttons (prev page, next page, home, menu, etc.) does not work. I am then forced to do a hard reset (which, for now, works as a solution, but I would hate to do this all the time). Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this? Is it a software and/or hardware issue? Thanks in advance!
addictedtoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
For a problem of this nature, your best bet is to call Amazon Kindle Support - they can often trouble-shoot the issue over the phone. On the Amazon website - go to the Kindle Support page and click on the "Contact Us" button - you can either request a tech call you or you can call 1-866-321-8851 (1-206-266-0927 for international calls.)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert