Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
surrealmind
Connoisseur
surrealmind began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7, EB 1150, TC1100
Is there any pdf annotation software for tablet OS's?

I have never worked with any mobile OS before, so please excuse my ignorance. Do any of the tablet OS's such as WinCE or Android 1.6 carry pdf annotation software that would work with a stylus?

Basically, I'm wondering if there are any $100-$200 tablets with touch support that I could use to read and mark up public domain Google pdfs. It seems to me that something like this should be possible, but I just can't find anything that says it exists. There are touch tablets for that price, but no evidence of PDF-marking ability. My cheap, novel-reading EB1150 needs a cheap, pdf-reading big brother.
surrealmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
If it runs android, it should be possible to run Xournal or Jarnal on it.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
surrealmind
Connoisseur
surrealmind began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7, EB 1150, TC1100
Thanks much, I wonder if anyone has tried it with, say, an Eken m001? I'll have to look more into this.
surrealmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Nitro PDF Reader for Windows.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
tsuma
tsuma began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic gTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
If it runs android, it should be possible to run Xournal or Jarnal on it.
Hmm, how? They are linux or windows only. I did find Moon Reader for Android which will do all common ebook formats EXCEPT pdf. And I've asked Aji Reader iPad developers to port to Android.
tsuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert