Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
GlennGThater
Connoisseur
GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Free Fantasy Novel by Glenn G. Thater

The Gateway by Glenn G. Thater is now available for FREE from Smashwords.com in multiple different ebook formats (pdf, txt, html, mobi, kindle, etc.) Please download and enjoy! If you like it, please post a review on Amazon.com. Here's the link for your FREE copy: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4884.
The Gateway was recently voted 3rd best Fantasy Novel of 2009 in the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll! (http://www.critters.org/predpoll/final_tally_novelsf.ht)

The Fallen Angle - Book 2 of Harbinger of Doom is on sale at Smashwords.com for 50% off for the remainder of July 2010. The original prices is $2.99 - get it now (using coupon code SWS50 for $1.50! Here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4893

Knight Eternal - Book 3 of Harbinger of Doom is also on sale at Smashwords.com for 50% off for the remainder of July 2010. Here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4894

If you enjoy my books, i would ask that you please post a review on Amazon.com. Only by accumulating good reviews on major book sites can Indie authors attract readers. thanks.

THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery, all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.
Until the day the Gateway opened and turned the world on its head. On that fateful day, Korrgonn came and washed our dreams. And his outre realms of chaos set their unholy mark upon our world and claimed it for their own.
Only Theta and his companions see the enemies aligning against us. Only they foresee our end coming – the end of civilization, the end of the world of man. Only they can hope to turn the tide of madness and preserve all that we hold dear.
But no man, not even our greatest heroes, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.
Through the murk and mist that hangs before our eyes, one man only sees true. One man pierces the veil of magic that blinds us all and marks the world as it truly is, revealing secrets, secrets of Angle Theta, so horrifying as to shatter a man’s mind and call into question the very nature of good and evil.
Join us now on our journey back to the days of high adventure.

The Harbinger of Doom Saga
Book 1: The Gateway (free on smashwords.com; $3.99 paperback)
Book 2: The Fallen Angle
Book 3: Knight Eternal
Books 1 & 2 combined: Harbinger of Doom
Book 4+ (forthcoming)

regards,
glenn g. thater
author of harbinger of doom
http://glenngthater.com

Last edited by GlennGThater; 07-10-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Books now on sale for discounted prices
GlennGThater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Glenn

We love to welcome author members who make their books available for our worldwide membership. We are a forum of many devices who love books with no DRM and NO geographic restrictions to obtaining them.

I saw a review of your book by Tracy Falbe. She is also an author member on MR (Falbe Publishing) and has her books on smashwords.
Have you seen our Writers' Corner or checked out our MR Library of books for your Kindle? The books have been carefully hand formatted by some very dedicated MR members.

Have fun exploring our forums and ask questions if you would like to know or learn something.

Edit: oops, forgot to mention that it would be great if you went to our Introduce yourself forum and, well, introduced yourself so we could say, Hi."

Last edited by dreams; 02-13-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added oops
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Glenn.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Welcome to MR and thank you heaps for posting a link to your books.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
GlennGThater
Connoisseur
GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi gang,

FYI - my novels all have no DRM (including the kindle versions offered on Amazon; Amazon recently modified their setup to allow authors to elect to not have DRM on their kindle titles; so i chose that), and no geographic restrictions on distribution.

I've also priced all of the paperback versions of my titles to be very inexpensive compared to most other trade paperbacks in an effort to maximize accessibility to readers who prefer a paper copy.

Trade Paperbacks
Book 1: The Gateway is just $3.99;
Book 2: The Fallen Angle is $5.99;
Book 3: Knight Eternal is $10.98.

eBooks
The Gateway - Free on smashwords; .99 cents on amazon;
The Fallen Angle: $3.99
Knight Eternal $6.99
Harbinger of Doom $5.99

I also have several free fantasy short stories (e.g., The Demon King of Bergher; The Keeblear Horror, etc.) posted to Authorsden.com and available on my website at www.glenngthater.com

thanks to all those who have downloaded and/or purchased my work thus far. I hope that you enjoy the books and stories. If you do, please consider posting review to Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com. thanks!

regards,
glenn g. thater
Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Thank you and welcome. I will post a review at B&N after I have finished reading.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
Sharone
Enthusiast
Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle (3) Keyboard
Hi Glenn & huge thanks for that... especially the no DRM option

Does anyone know if i can buy a kindle edition of a book and read it on my 1.5 CybookGen3?
Sharone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:18 AM   #8
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:35 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

Actually, i started out as an Astrophysicist (no kidding). My second career is as a professional engineer. All the while though, i've been a writer. I've had tons of non-fiction work published over the years, but only recently have i started introducing the world to my fiction.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

Hi gang,
for those of you on Facebook, i have a regular page and a Fan Page. Feel free to drop by and Friend me and join my Fan page. I post many trivia questions daily, focusing on sci-fi / fantasy books, movies, and other topics. Many folks chime in with their answers and there's an ongoing lively discussion. Just type my name (glenn thater) in the facebook search box and both my pages should come up.

And don't forget to download your FREE copy of The Gateway from Smashwords.com!

regards,
glenn g. thater
author of harbinger of doom.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

For anyone that's interested, i have some free fanasy short stories available. here is one:

The Keeblear Horror - free fantasy short story by glenn g. thater - http://simurl.com/Keeblear

Also, get your free copy of my fantasy novel, The Gateway , here: http://bit.ly/698h94

regards,
glenn g. thater
www.glenngthater.com
Old 02-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #12
GlennGThater
Connoisseur

I'm happy to report that The Gateway has cracked the Smashwords.com top 100 list of most all-time book sales. Currently, The Gateway sits in 92nd place.

If you haven't yet, please download your free copy here: http://bit.ly/698h94.

For those of you that have read and enjoyed The Gateway, please consider posting a review to Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com. Accumulating positive reviews on major book sites is the only way for books to get noticed by most readers. If you can, please lend your support. thanks and regards,

glenn g. thater
www.glenngthater.com
Old 02-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I'll be getting mine this evening when I get home!!

Thanks Glenn and I'll be sure to give it a review when I'm done.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I have it as well; thanks very much.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic fantasy, fantasy, sword and sorcery