Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-16-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
katie58
katie58 began at the beginning.

Device: Axim X50
New To Your Forum

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and say I am new to Pocket PC, I was always a palm user but after the purchase of my last PalmOne Zire 72 I was getting frustated and decided to go this route and get the Dell Axim X50. So far I will say I find it to be very nice, I do have a silly question if any one would like to help me out. I am used to palm remember,lol. I have an SD card inserted and I had downloaded some ebooks, I was trying to put them on my card but can't seem to do that. When I active synced everything it kept going into my old palm desktop program, I have a feeling I need to take that off my laptop. I need to find out how I can move or copy things over to the Card, Any help would be greatly appreciated.
katie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:40 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hi Katie! First let me welcome you to our board. Glad you bought a Dell Axim, those are certainly sweet devices. As to your question how to transfer a file to your SD card, I suggest you have a look here:

http://pocketpccentral.net/help/movefiles.htm (especially bottom paragraph)

Another way, if the files are already in the RAM of your device, is to use the built-in File Explorer. Just cut and paste to move files off the main memory to My Device => Storage Card. Another good beginners guide is offered by Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...s/storage.mspx

Hope that helps!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
katie58

Moving To SD Card

I appreciate the repsonse to my question, maybe I wasn't clear. What I am trying to figure out is how to move my files that are on my handheld to the Sd Card. I can't seem to get this right. If you can help please do.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Hi Katie. First let me also welcome you to Mobileread! I think Alex tried to find the answer to your problem in the second part of his reply. You can use the built-in "File Explorer" to move files that are in the RAM of your handheld to the memory of your SD Card (I assume you have the SD Card inserted in your handheld, as you mentioned in your first post). Let me try to help you some more (I attached a few screenshot I just made for you ):

When you start File Explorer, you first see the content of "My Device". This includes one folder called "SD Card" which holds the content of your inserted SD Card (Screen001).

Let's say I want to copy a file called Note1 stored on my handheld in "My Documents" to the root directory of the inserted SD Card. To do so, I first browse into "My Documents" (Screen002). Then I go to the file Note1 and click on it (I must hold my stylus on it for a second so that a context menu can appear). I then choose "Copy" (Screen003). Now I go back to the root directory of my handheld "My Device" and browse into the folder "SD Card" to actually access my SD Card (Screen004). I go to the directory on my SD Card where I want to copy the file to. In this case, I will choose the root directory. I then click on Edit and Paste (Screen005). The file Note1 from my handheld is now on the SD Card.

Hope these steps are easy to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.png
Views:	614
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.png
Views:	490
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.png
Views:	609
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen004.png
Views:	524
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen005.png
Views:	611
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	740  
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
katie58

Colin, thanks for the help, now the problem I have is I can copy but there isn't any paste. When I go into my sd card I get two other folders one says Palm, and the other says DCIM, I can't seem to get any further than this. I have been having this problem and wouldn't think this was to difficult, more that I am getting frustrated, I am so used to my palm format, and the joke is I am computer savvy,lol. The pictures were great but mine don't all look like that. Any other suggestions would be great. I would like to get some of these programs off the handheld and into my card. Thanks again.
Advert
Old 07-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
katie, may I ask you what software you use to read your e-books? Some e-book readers allow you to move e-books to and from external memory.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
katie58

I use The E -Reader one, I was always able to put them on my card before, but then again that was in palm, I stil can't get anything to move to the card I have inserted.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #8
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Katie. Here's hoping one of our resident experts can help. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Don't drink the water.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote