Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
pengrus
Enthusiast
pengrus began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Share screenshot of Kindle display page with table

I was wondering how Kindle displays the book pages with tables. For example, how it will display the "Intelligent Investor" with historical stock return table in it?

I know with Sony 505, the table will display all right with the smallest font size, but if you select a larger font, the table get so broken that you cannot read it at all. Will Kindle display the table correctly when you use larger font?

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could share a screenshot.

Thank you very much!
pengrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
It REALLY depends.

I'm not sure the Kindle can do a table proper at all (no idea) that is rendered dynamically. Whether it can render one that is an image... well, yes. How that looks all depends on how competent the person putting the ebook together is. Here's someone talking about it a bit:
http://www.fonerbooks.com/2008/07/fo...-business.html

Also, the new model supports monospaced fonts so perhaps something will happen there.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Kindle 2 manual says (section 3.3):
Quote:
Viewing a Table
Your reading material may contain a large table that is not entirely contained within the screen. To see the rest of the table, move the 5-way controller up or down to bring up the cursor and then place the cursor to the left of the table. Move the 5-way to the right to scroll through the rest of the table.
I don't know if this is also possible somehow on the Kindle 1. Generally, MobiPocket advises against using large tables.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
pengrus
Enthusiast
pengrus began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for your reply and info. I will have the Sony 700 today and will let you know how it works on the 700.
pengrus is offline   Reply With Quote