Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
kobo stars and Goodreads

I use to keep track of what I've read in Goodreads and to give stars according to my liking (or disliking) to receive recommendations.

I saw recently that it's possible to note the books the same way in my kobo library (on the device at least).

As the kobo store seems to use the goodreads notation for the books they sell, would it not be possible to sync my device library to my Goodreads account (I mean : date I began the book, date I finished the book, the note I gave it), the way I suppose it must be made with somebody's Facebook account (I'm not registered to facebook and don't care to be) ?

It would save me time

It's perhaps a question to ask in the future firmware section
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I think Good Reads integration would be more vlauabel to some than Facebook integration.

However, I will caution the generic internet rule -> if you are not paying for something, you are probably the product...
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
I think Good Reads integration would be more vlauabel to some than Facebook integration.

However, I will caution the generic internet rule -> if you are not paying for something, you are probably the product...
I totally agree with you. As for being a product... as long as I'm willing, it's ok for me (you could always tell me to buy something, if I don't want to, I don't wan't and it's hard to make me change my mind )
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote