Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
15,000 More Reasons to Buy a Kindle Fire & Amazon Prime

From Amazon's homepage:

Dear Customers,

We just wrapped up another deal — this time bringing in content from MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, TV Land, and VH1 — to add 2,000 new titles to Prime Instant Video. Together with the existing movies and shows from CBS, Fox, Disney-ABC, PBS, NBC, Sony, and Warner Bros., we now offer, at no additional cost, unlimited instant streaming of more than 15,000 titles.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That's pleasant. Hopefully some of the good ol' Nickelodeon shows will be on there.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

The free stuff is nice, but they don't offer thousands of title for free. It is more like several dozens. The TV shows and movies cost a small fortune each to rent or own, and quite frankly it isn't worth what they charge. I already had Amazon Prime to save on shipping costs otherwise I wouldn't have it just for the videos. Netflix is a much better deal.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The free stuff is nice, but they don't offer thousands of title for free. It is more like several dozens. The TV shows and movies cost a small fortune each to rent or own, and quite frankly it isn't worth what they charge. I already had Amazon Prime to save on shipping costs otherwise I wouldn't have it just for the videos. Netflix is a much better deal.
I don't watch a lot of videos and like you I primarily use Prime for the 2 day shipping which is awesome.

However, according to Amazon's website under my Prime Membership:

You have unlimited instant streaming of over 10,000 movies and TV shows, included with your Amazon Prime membership at no additional cost. Start watching now.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-09-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
This is a nice addition for Prime members.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The quote in the OP mentions that over 2,000 titles are being added. That by itself seems like slightly more than several dozen.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Any movies I see on Amazon Prime, I then order on Netflix. It controls them better, they are more easily located by searches and leaves bookmarks in them.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll probably end up getting Prime eventually but the more content to view the better obviously!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
lol I had a prime trial that ended back in Dec and I came up and I by mistake hit the year membership and got billed $79 but IMHO like during the trial it was worth it.. I haven't looked at the videos yet
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #10
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
I've been a Prime member for several years now. Free shipping and free videos (my PC, Fire and TV can show them) are worth it.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
I'm going to be buying my mom a fire for mother's day.. how does the gift wrapping look? Glad I did sign for the year membership
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard

Make that 17,000 more reasons to own a Kindle Fire. This from Amazon's website:

Dear Customers,

Today we’re announcing our biggest addition yet, bringing nearly 3,000 more titles to Prime Instant Video. We’ve struck a deal with Discovery Networks to bring some of the highest quality, non-fiction, informative and entertaining content about the world to our Amazon Prime customers. Rolling out over the next few weeks are TV shows from Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, and Science. Prime members, at no additional cost, can now stream more than 17,000 titles.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Amazon Prime really is a good deal. I had signed up for it even before I bought the Fire, just for the free two-day shipping aspect.

After a while, due to its convenience, I found myself buying many smaller items through Amazon Prime that I would have previously bought locally. At one point I had to ask myself whether I really wanted to make all my purchases through Amazon and deny local establishments of my business. In rural and even suburban communities,this may not be a big deal, but I've seen what Home Depot did to local hardware and lumber stores here in NYC (or what Amazon did to mom-and-pop bookstores, for that matter).

Now I try to balance my purchases between local places and Amazon. I'm not asking anyone else to do the same (it's your business where you shop, of course), but I think people need to be aware that the choices they make might sometimes result in unforseen consequences.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I've saved so much money with prime shipping. I need to use the VOD service though.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post

After a while, due to its convenience, I found myself buying many smaller items through Amazon Prime that I would have previously bought locally. At one point I had to ask myself whether I really wanted to make all my purchases through Amazon and deny local establishments of my business. In rural and even suburban communities,this may not be a big deal, but I've seen what Home Depot did to local hardware and lumber stores here in NYC (or what Amazon did to mom-and-pop bookstores, for that matter).

Now I try to balance my purchases between local places and Amazon. I'm not asking anyone else to do the same (it's your business where you shop, of course), but I think people need to be aware that the choices they make might sometimes result in unforseen consequences.
I don't buy enough to harm any shop in my area. Having said that, the most important part to me is the bottom dollar. In this economy I need to be as frugal as possible and on some items Amazon and other online stores are going to win my $$$ if they are cheaper. It adds up.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote