Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
autumnsong
autumnsong is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505
Angry Do not disconnect on reader

Since the upgrade of Ebook Library 3.0 I have had problems.
When I try to drag a book to the reader I get the windows message..
" ebook library has stopped working" and it has to be shut down. I have contacted soney support twice. The first time they had me reinstall the software, which was no help. The second they had me do a hard reset and I still have the same problem, but now no books on my reader. I am actually afraid to call them back, they may have me run it over with my truck, which is tempting at this point. Any help please.

Tiffany

Last edited by autumnsong; 08-29-2009 at 03:32 PM.
autumnsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best way to do this is to run eBook Library and then plug the Reader into the USB. I found it's a lot more stable that way. Having the Reader plugged into the USB port before running eBook Library can cause eBook Library to be unstable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
autumnsong

Thank you for the suggestion, but no dice on that one. I just tried it. now it still show the do not disconnect on my reader even though the library is not open. Any ideas on why? I contacted sony support, they must be going through a flip chart of fixes because this one was even less help then the other two. I am going to call them next instead of the online chat and see if I can get anywhere.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
I had that problem when I first opened my 600 and was trying to copy books into my reader that I had purchased before it arrived.

After the 3rd time I tried (I'm a slow-but-steady fixer), I went out to the Sony ebook site and "authorized" my Sony reader before trying to transfer the books.

I have not had the problem again, and suspect some kind of conflict with a computer "not authorized" message - but I'm pretty technologically behind the times when it comes to all the wonderful techs here.

Good luck!
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
autumnsong

Thank you Grandma Aubbie. I talked to tech support and they tried several thing and then finally sent me back to version 2.5 until the patch they are working on comes out. Thanks again!
Advert