Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Improved SDK for 301/302/360/60x/90x

Hi!

The new version of PocketBook SDK:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pbchess/files/PBSDK/

Features:
1. SDK for 301,302,360 was combined with SDK for 60x, 90x. The installation is simple - just copy "usr" to "/usr" of your linux distribution;

2. Makefile system:

All the make files functionality are placed in common.mk.
The applications makefiles are VERY easy from now. Example:

OUT = inkdemo
include /usr/local/pocketbook/common.mk

The 3 build options exist:

1. make BUILD=arm (301,302,360);
2. make BUILD=arm_gnueabi (60x,90x);
3. make BUILD=wine

These builds are performed in the different folders.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 03-25-2011 at 10:42 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks and karma
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
thanks mate, I'm guessing this isn't official though ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've lost my hope to see official SDK
Old 03-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Some results (like the fbreader180) suggest that they tweaked some things like the screen refresh and the old and unofficial SDKs don't have those tweaks, so I'm still hoping.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I'm finally upgrading from your last release, and it looks very nice. May I ask, how does one use the libwine executables? I tried running 'wine obj_wine/grays.exe.so' and it pops up a window with the proper gray pattern, but I don't see how to generate button events for it. Is there supposed to be a wrapper program that has buttons?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I'm finally upgrading from your last release, and it looks very nice. May I ask, how does one use the libwine executables? I tried running 'wine obj_wine/grays.exe.so' and it pops up a window with the proper gray pattern, but I don't see how to generate button events for it. Is there supposed to be a wrapper program that has buttons?
Some buttons seem to be mapped, e.g. the arrow-keys are KEY_DOWN etc.
and F3 ist KEY_BACK, unfortunately I couldn't find more...
The touch events are generated by the mouse, but don't match. (There seems to be an offset and/or rotation but I didn't try to really investigate this.)
reader42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader42 View Post
Some buttons seem to be mapped, e.g. the arrow-keys are KEY_DOWN etc.
and F3 ist KEY_BACK, unfortunately I couldn't find more...
The touch events are generated by the mouse, but don't match. (There seems to be an offset and/or rotation but I didn't try to really investigate this.)
Thanks! You got me curious, so I built my program that can print out the button codes under libwine, and here's what I found:

F1 KEY_MUSIC (0x1e)
F2 KEY_MENU (0x17)
F3 KEY_BACK (0x1b)
F4 KEY_DELETE (0x08)
ESC KEY_POWER (0x01)
Enter KEY_OK (0x0a)
KeyPad - KEY_MINUS (0x15)
KeyPad + KEY_PLUS (0x16)

plus the arrow keys worked as you said. I couldn't find KEY_NEXT and KEY_PREV keys.

It's clear that the emulator was written for one of the older models and hasn't been updated for the Pro series. Still, it's a lot better than nothing!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #9
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader42 View Post
Need to calibrate touchscreen first. Just call

void CalibrateTouchpanel()

from any program (need to be called just once!) and emulator will be ok.

Keys mapping from documentation:
Left, Right, Up, Down - Cursor
Enter - OK
ESC - power
+,-
F1 - Music
F2 - Menu
F3 - Back
F4 - Trash

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 03-29-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Some results (like the fbreader180) suggest that they tweaked some things like the screen refresh and the old and unofficial SDKs don't have those tweaks, so I'm still hoping.
don't know whether I am too much of an optimist, but there is hope in the message by "Housekeeper" dated Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 pm in this thread on the Russian forum.

EDIT: they also mention that Midori is too "heavy", so they will move to link in the next firmware update, if I understood correctly.

Last edited by paola; 03-30-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Oh no.

I hope this is not true. Link is still incomplete program and cannot be a legit browser, yet. Most of all, link cannot display unicode nor non-European character.

Quote:
EDIT: they also mention that Midori is too "heavy", so they will move to link in the next firmware update, if I understood correctly.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
I hope this is not true. Link is still incomplete program and cannot be a legit browser, yet. Most of all, link cannot display unicode nor non-European character.
You may be right - but form what they say in the forum it does support Java, so I suspect they are thinking of this one - but I am no techy person, so I may have misunderstood the implications. But if the one I linked (no pun intended ) is hte one they are going to go for, from the screens htos it would look like other character sets are also supported (provided they are thinking of the graphics version).

p.s.
did I say I am an optimist?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Yes, that is the "links" browser. It supports only 25 languages, only European. No unicode, no Asian language support, unfortunately.

rss reader has been changed to links in fw 2.0.5 and I cannot read Korean news anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
You may be right - but form what they say in the forum it does support Java, so I suspect they are thinking of this one - but I am no techy person, so I may have misunderstood the implications. But if the one I linked (no pun intended ) is hte one they are going to go for, from the screens htos it would look like other character sets are also supported (provided they are thinking of the graphics version).

p.s.
did I say I am an optimist?
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
Yes, that is the "links" browser. It supports only 25 languages, only European. No unicode, no Asian language support, unfortunately.

rss reader has been changed to links in fw 2.0.5 and I cannot read Korean news anymore.
sorry, I was hoping this would not be the case - I wonder whether it would make sense to point this out on the Russian forum?