Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Question Any Speed Decrease with Size of Library?

I have just purchased a 902 to read my non-fiction library.
It comprises about 1500 books (1000 PDFs, 500 in mobi or epub), and its total size is about 10Gb.

It would be more convenient to have them all on one 16Gb SD card rather than several smaller cards (I am not worried about organising them into folders, etc; I am reading them for pleasure, so when I finish one I will just skim through and pick another which looks interesting at the time).

My first question: has anyone experienced a notable speed decrease as their library size increases - in start-up, page turning, or anything else?
The reason I ask is because this definitely happens on my old Cybook Gen3.

My second question is, has anybody been successfully using any, and if so, what 16Gb card? None are mentioned in the "User tips" thread.
Jozawun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
I use a 8GB class 6 card, works great, have the same sized library (slightly larger) as you, and see no slow browsing or start-up whatsoever.
I use file-browsing and not library browsing, because i have build a rather nice file-tree with calibre, so i can not attest to the speed of library browsing, but i don’t see any reason why they should be different, anyone else who can confirm or deny this?
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Thank you for your reply, Roos, and my apologies for the very belated reply, my computer has been down at the panelbeaters.
Jozawun is offline   Reply With Quote