Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #31
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
very nice. Only negative thing I see is that it would get really hot without any way to vent or let the device cool.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #32
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Well, i want to see if the PP gets hot while using it, if is minimal and dont affect that is on the book then ill try it.

So, do your PP get hot in you hands?
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #33
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hehehe...only if i have jalapeño juice on my fingers
Old 09-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #34
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Question for the Blue wrinkles . Were you reading out in the sunlight?
My replacement unit developed a tiny wrinkle while I was reading at lunch in my car. The sun made the top edge pretty warm and it was not subject to my fingerprints as I believed the first one was.
No, I am not sending it back just for a few wrinkles. It sort of matches it's owner.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #35
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

The PEZ was delivered at 11:30am. Overcast/Rainy weather.
Sun has not shone, been drizzly all day. I noticed it when I opened it up at work.

So, no, not unless it got hot in the box during shipping. Hrmm...
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #36
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Does the blue PP (and the other colored PP) have a soft, rubber-like case like the normal one (normal being the black and white model)?
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Another theory shot down in fog.

I feel sorry for the nice folks at Astak.
This was not something anyone would have expected.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #38
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

yup. soft and smooth like the fuzz of a peach, or the texture of poison ivy
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
Does the blue PP (and the other colored PP) have a soft, rubber-like case like the normal one (normal being the black and white model)?
My Red/Maroon one does.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #40
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Other colors?

Has any of the other colors had this problem?
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #41
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Here's a couple of pictures after lightly rubbing it to see if it was excess glue. It does appear the rubberized coating didn't fully bond to the EZReader and thus the bubbles and lines. The case is a nice blue plastic color underneath and it would still be nice without the rubberized coating. But this is a first run on the colors, so there's bound to be problems.

Last edited by RichyRich; 09-18-2009 at 12:58 AM.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #42
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Ooooh! Naked Blue PEZ!!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #43
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Excellent pictures. I tried taking some, but I couldn't get focused that close with my PHS camera.

If it is just the rubberized coating rubbing off and the solid blue resin underneath, that will be just fine with me.

AJ

It still looks like a reaction to the leather case to me.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #44
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
My Slate Blue Pocket Pro is scheduled to be delivered today.

I hope mine does not have the same problem with the paint.

If it does, then it goes back without even plugging it in. I cannot see keeping something I paid for as brand new to come in a defective condition.

Here's hoping this is not a problem on all the custom colors.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #45
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you do have to send the PP back to be exchanged, remember to unauthorize it from ADE if you have authorized it.
YES!!!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote