Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #31
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In book menu options has been reduced. "Sync my Book Activity", "Add to collection", "Post to wall" and "Mark as finished" have been removed.
"Mark as finished" has been removed? Not nice. Often at the end of a book I get a load of pages with endnotes. Now I would have to leaf all the way to the end to have the book automatically marked as Finished.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Finished option is still available from the Library view though; long press on the book gives the option.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #33
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The Finished option is still available from the Library view though; long press on the book gives the option.
Good, that will do for me!
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #34
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
One thing I dislike about the new firmware is the relocation of the Stats button for Kobo books. Instead of appearing at the left-most spot of the right-side group of buttons, it appears one icon in. This means that depending on what kind of book your reading, the placement of the button for font control changes. I've hit the stats button several times with the intent of hitting the font button.

One rule of UI design is that things like that should never happen unless clearly indicated and with good logic. Just swap the two buttons and have the stats appear to the left of the font button and let it stay put. I have no idea why they didn't just append the stats button to the end of the list.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Yesterday there was an update on the French Kobo Twitter account stating that a firmware update was coming soon on the Aura HD, Aura and Glo.
So far this is consistent with what has been written so far in this thread

I'm waiting eagerly this new firmware.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #36
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Still no new software on my end. It's a US Aura. My desktop also hasn't been updated but that is recognized as being in Mexico so I'm not too surprised.

Still looking forward to it but at least I have no real complaints with the current software (I barely use the desktop other than to check my wishlist so that's not true issue).
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #37
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I'm waiting eagerly this new firmware.
so do I but still nothing
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #38
Warchild
Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Warchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook Color, Kobo Aura, iPad, iPad Mini
I'm not getting the Kobo Desktop update. I'm on a Mac but they used to come pretty concurrently.
Warchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I'm not getting the Kobo Desktop update. I'm on a Mac but they used to come pretty concurrently.
You could try going to http://download.kobobooks.com/deskto.../KoboSetup.dmg to download the desktop application .dmg file.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
That's strange, I'm on a Mac too and I had to update yesterday, at the same time as 2.10 came down.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #41
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You could try going to http://download.kobobooks.com/deskto.../KoboSetup.dmg to download the desktop application .dmg file.

Regards,
David
Thanks, even though I'm on a PC direct downloading worked. I wonder what's new...
Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #42
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
funny thing : the kobo deskop app upgraded on my husband PC (windows seven) but will not update on my (very) old laptop with windows XP : for 64 bits only ?
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #43
Nightyume
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
funny thing : the kobo deskop app upgraded on my husband PC (windows seven) but will not update on my (very) old laptop with windows XP : for 64 bits only ?
Nope, it's still in the "Program Files (x86)" folder which is for 32 bit programs.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #44
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Got the new firmware today in Toronto via automated update. Pocket integration looks nice!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
First things I've noticed:

DICTIONARY: Wonderful new feature: the dictionary (at least the main English one) now supports cross-referencing: long press on any word in a definition, and you'll be taken to the definition for that word.

POCKET: only allows use of built-in fonts; in the Pocket viewer, the AA menu doesn't list sideloaded fonts. No bid deal, but worth noting. I'm a heavy user of Pocket on an iPhone, and the implementation on the Kobo seems just fine so far.

SHELVES are now called "Collections."

SEARCH: as others have noted, now offers not just within the current book, but in Wikipedia or via Google, as well (and it loads quickly).

Cheers,

Rob
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote