Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #16
OCTO
OCTO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
Looks very nice. I especially like the color of the leather in the pictures.
Unfortunately:

No shipping to Europe available? Any particular reason?
We have just started shipping our products to Europe and are just awaiting stock for the Vintage cover to be placed into the warehouse we use for shipment to Europe. I will let you know as soon as stock goes in there. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Best, OCTOVO
OCTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #17
OCTO
OCTO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile Vintage Kindle 2 Cover by OCTO now shipping to Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
Looks very nice. I especially like the color of the leather in the pictures.
Unfortunately:

No shipping to Europe available? Any particular reason?

Best regards,

Elle

OCTOVO (formley know as OCTO)

Check out our new webiste;
www.octostyle.com
OCTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #18
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Just got my Octo case today, and it's just as good as I hoped it would be. The vintage look and feel of the leather is just perfect, and very "manly", which is exactly what I had been looking for. I work with a bunch of hardened Alaskan fellows, and the only thing they've ever used a book for is to wedge under a wobbly table - so I already get quite a few snickers simply for owning a Kindle in the first place. I think with this I'll earn a few 'guy points' back in my favor.

Just an FYI though for anyone who may plan on buying this case in the future: the photos of this cover from the 1st post are outdated, and the cover is no longer that exact style. The leather 'threading' on the spine is no longer a feature, and the leather thong that was used to tie the cover closed is no longer a feature either.

The photos on the Amazon sales page depict this, but I had been so used to the photos from this thread that I had been expecting the old style when I opened the box. Not that I'm disappointed, but I'd love the chance to own the old style as well (in case anyone wants to sell it someday lol).
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 AM   #19
911jason
Zealot
911jason doesn't litter911jason doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
That's too bad Exer, I think I like the old style much better!
911jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #20
rambo47
Kindleer
rambo47 doesn't litterrambo47 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Damn. I really wanted that older look. The new version is still pretty nice, but it doesn't have the charm of the old style. I especially liked the juxtaposition of the ancient leather circa the 1500's or so with the modern and sleek tech of the e-book reader. Maybe I'll just stick with my M-Edge Go case now.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Yea, I agree, I think the older Octo is a hit compared to the new releases.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:20 AM   #22
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
Can someone post real life pics of the newer version of the Octo vintage case?
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #23
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
I just received the revised version of the Octo vintage case. Looks and feels great. Cover folds all the way back easily. I use a mighty bright light attached to the cover with no problems. Here are some pics I took.

Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle 3
I was set to order it until I saw the design change. The new one doesn't even compare.
jeremy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #25
911jason
Zealot
911jason doesn't litter911jason doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Yeah, I have to agree... I ended up buying an Oberon...
911jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #26
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
FYI, I just put my Kindle 2 up for sale on the Flea Market forum. It includes the old style Octo Vintage cover. I initially did not care for the look of the "leather thong", but I found it to be very useful at keeping my Kindle secure. I just wish Octo would hurry up with the release of the Vintage cover for the iPad! It has been the best case I ever owned for any of my electronics.
Cheers, Joe Mac
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote